Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, went fishing at west bexington today, The beach carpark has been refurbished, there are now 2 motorhome parking bays (still no overnight parking tho) I did titter a bit on our return to find a car parked in one of the motorhome bays the driver was no doubt well chuffed to find a £60 fine on his window.
Be warned the traffic warden is really "keen" only park in car bays if you fit inside the defined area i.e a small camper, two years ago he was going to fine me as my step was over the white line :roll:

·
Premium Member
7,967 Posts
cod finger, greetings from Corfe Mullen. Its no surprise that I go to France for my holidays and do not stay in Dorset. I cannot be sure but it must be the most MH unfriendly county in the country.

Ray

·
Administrator
18,638 Posts
Thanks for that codfinger, at least they are allowing some MH parking, I think it was specifically banned before.

Some councils are getting the message, as others say, it's a long road to the parking facilities for Mh's in France & Germany :roll:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Parking west Bexington

rayc said:
cod finger, greetings from Corfe Mullen. Its no surprise that I go to France for my holidays and do not stay in Dorset. I cannot be sure but it must be the most MH unfriendly county in the country.

Ray
Hi Ray, your not wrong there am off to France sunday eve Le Mans bound with the m/h cant wait for the off!!

There used to be a few m/h parking bays in the car park on the left as you approach West Bay but am not sure if they still exist...........I think these councils fear herds of new age travelers or worse they really need their eyes opened to the relaxed attitude to motorhomers in France and the benefits to the local economy (wait for avalanche of freeloader comments!!!) :roll:

And no the fishing at Bexington was not very good on sunday, odd Plaice and mackerel about................my excuse off-shore wind, too hot etc etc but it was nice to enjoy the sunshine 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.