Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all thinking about travelling to Croatia in our van,looking for safe stops en route possibly three or four nights. Thanks in anticipation Clint.

·
Premium Member
28,159 Posts
I did plan on that route many years ago but life and the Balkans war interfered.
Several members have more recently done the same trip and hope they can give some pointers.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
31,998 Posts
Furthest I got was Slovenia but I spent months getting there. Just plan a route, loads of stelplatz, Aires and sostas all over Europe. Take your pick. Not so many in Slovenia but it's a laid back country.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did plan on that route many years ago but life and the Balkans war interfered.
Several members have more recently don't the same trip and hope they can give some pointers.

Ray.
Thanks Ray,travelled to Spain last year and the same this October, but planned for next year Regards Clint.

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,721 Posts
Really? It might be because you've used your allocated 'free' posts in which case you'd need to join. Any joining fee is a one-off lifetime payment.

How do you know you're barred if you're able to post to say so?

Anyway, you might want to have a look at my thread from 2019 on travelling from Cherbourg to Dubrovnik - I took a month get there. Used the apps Park4night, Campercontact, ACSI...

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
Hi Clint and welcome.

Do us a favour and post up your proposed route when you have sorted it will you?

We had Croatia or Sicily as an option for our spring trip next year. In the end we have decided upon Sicily but Croatia will probably be on the cards for 2024

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
We overwintered in Sicily in 2017
Great place and journey down,then travelled over to Greece and back through Eastern Europe.
I'll see if I can dig out the details of routes and stopovers

Reactions: GMJ

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great place and journey down,then travelled over to Greece and back through Eastern Europe.
Any info would be great thinking about going April onwards next year Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
Yes - that would be great Pete, thanks

The thought of Sicily for winter instead of Spain had crossed my mind so I'd be interested in hearing your experiences of that (especially the travel down and the weather when there).

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Posted some information on a new Sicily thread.
But it's no longer "new" and it's rapidly disappearing down the list of threads.
Enjoy

Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
Hi peedee,thanks for the information/route to Croatia it will be a great help,planning to go April is next year/Regards Clint.

I agree - thanks Peter. Very useful indeed. (y)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts