Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,816 Posts
Hi Andrew.
There are RV storage places all over the states. But Florida gets extrememly humid and fungus can grow while in storage.

Arizona is the place and Uncle Sam stores everything there. We bought our own RV garage and broke even on the sale some years later.
OK it's hot through the summer but under cover or just in shade works for thousands of RV owners.

Look on Google and you will find 'Big Boys Toy Storage' in both states.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
27,816 Posts
Stanner said:
andrewball1000 said:
A UK friend of mine sister in Florida has died and left her MH to her. She is trying to decide whether to sell it or keep it in the US for a few holidays before doing so or co-owing with someone.

She wants to about storage. Her sister lived in Fort Meyers and had the air con permanently connected when not in use. What are the implications of storing in the US? They are not tied to Florida so where else might be a good location for storage and access for travel

What are any other implications for remote ownership?

Thanks
We have a couple of RV experts on here and I'm sure they will be along soon. The main problem I can foresee is registration and insurance if she is not a US resident/citizen.
Registration and insurance is not a problem if you can use a US address. But if you don't have a US drivers license you will be loaded by the insurance co.

I still keep my LLC in Montana just in case.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
27,816 Posts
California has some odd rules and regs. But AZ and FL will only give you a drivers license for the duration of your I-94.

An LLC is ..........................................
http://www.myrv.us/Pgs/RV/montana.htm

We have had ours for about 15+ years and it must have saved us $100k.
Ours is Heggen Law Missoula Montana.

Ray.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.