Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first motorhome today - a Pilote D45 5 berth 1999 - and take delivery in 2 weeks. loads of questions to ask but first any suggestions for insurance. what should i be looking for & how much should i expect to pay.
any tips welcome.

Jim

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Jim welcome to the community .You will get a discount if you are a member of a club ie mcc,cc,c&cc.IT is wise to ring round for quotes from the various ins companles. You wil find the cost differs greatly I finf Safeguard very reasonable.

Chris

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bet you can hardly wait - I only had two weeks to wait from decision to collection - and I don't think I had a full nights sleep.
I got a great insurance quote from Safeguard, but it was matched/beaten by my old insurer, NFU, (you don't have to be a farmer) who have a great record with claims (with me at least!!!!!)
This is a really good site for information.
There are no daft questions - just daft answers - so ask away - we all knew very little once (and I still do!).

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hi Statto, congratulations on your new purchase. | can only ditto what the others have said. Hope you enjoy your new van and have some great times in it.
Just another consideration for insurance is Whittlesey Insurance 0870 0660460

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Hi Jim,

Welcome to the site, Insurance, can't give specific's too many variables like post code age ETC, but as has been mentioned try the clubs if you’re a member, I use the Caravan club myself and they have been okay.

Good luck with your new purchase, questions just ask away, someone will answer.

MHS...Rob :D

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
welcome to the site and congratulations on buying your first motorhome. The excitement will be mounting over the next 2 weeks :D
I have Safeguard insurance but a lot depends on cost of vehicle, where you live etc. But do ring a round and compare quotes and services offered.
Happy motorhoming

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Jim and welcome. We've just renewed our insurance with Caravan Guard and paid £233 which includes Breakdown recovery, but as others have piointed out this changes according to variables. They did give a good initial discount tho'. Good luck an happy MH'ing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Insurance

Like you we are new to motorhoming, found M C I A Ltd., very helpful with a great starter discount. Tel: 0870 366 1245 (a non premium rate number can be found on the web site "say no to 0870") Our policy is underwritten by NIG who we have used before for our cars and not had any probs.Good luck with the travelling.
Regards Suefox

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.