1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
when i turn on my Tom Tom it goes to the 'hand ' screen and sticks there
To turn it off i have to use the reset button
I have checked the content and did a restore and tried clear flash but all no good :(
Any suggestions or should i give up and buy a new Sat Nav from ebuyer for £50.00 ?
Cheers
Chrisboyo

·
Registered
138 Posts
Check their web site for similar problems and then try ringing TomTom support - don't bother with email as you only get standard info off their support site. I've found them very helpful on the phone.
Bob

·
Registered
394 Posts
Re: My TOM TOM is stuck

chrisboyo said:
Hi
when i turn on my Tom Tom it goes to the 'hand ' screen and sticks there
To turn it off i have to use the reset button
I have checked the content and did a restore and tried clear flash but all no good :(
Any suggestions or should i give up and buy a new Sat Nav from ebuyer for £50.00 ?
Cheers
Chrisboyo
Chris,

..... and spend another £50 in order to get lost! :lol: An AA road map is all you will ever need to get from A to B. Boys with their toys, take them off the beaten track, tut tut, I don't know hay! :lol:

Shane.....

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Whenever mine's 'stuck' I've removed the datacard and reinserted and it's then started up ok.

Funnily enough it had a period a year or so ago when it 'stuck' quite often. Touch wood it hasn't happened at all in the last 6 to 9 months.

I keep the software up to date via downloads so maybe there was a glitch they've cured.

I'd agree their email support is pants but they are good on the phone, if you can find the no.

HTH

SDA

·
Registered
633 Posts

Simplelife said:
Chris,..... and spend another £50 in order to get lost! :lol: An AA road map is all you will ever need to get from A to B. Boys with their toys, take them off the beaten track, tut tut, I don't know hay! :lol:

Shane.....
How does your horse manage to read his maps? :roll: :) :lol:

·
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.
14,576 Posts
Simplelife said:
..... and spend another £50 in order to get lost! :lol: An AA road map is all you will ever need to get from A to B. Boys with their toys, take them off the beaten track, tut tut, I don't know hay! :lol:

Shane.....
Hi Shane

Mike ..8. 7 : "Let those among you who have no technological sins cast the first stone."

Wanting the "simplelife" seems to be turning you into latter-day Luddite ... if you really want the simplelife what on earth are you doing on here... a bloomin internet forum :!: :lol:
When all you need is a quill, some ink and some paper and you could write lovely hand crafted letters to magazines asking their readers for all the information you ask about on here :lol: :lol:

Hi Chrisboyo

I am pretty sure that a hard reset can be done and that may cure it ( but do check your instructions) ... somewhere there is usually a hard reset switch... sometimes a small hole and you need to push with a paperclip or similar.

Mike

·
Premium Member
22,850 Posts
The phone lines seem unable to solve some problems though - or TT One Europe, used to have Traffic working (we had paid for it), then we upgraded and suddenly no traffic, tried the phone line "it's our end - TT problem we will locate it as we have made a wrong setting on your account" they said "we will sort it" - we are still waiting despite repeated calls after 8 months.

Similarly my one (TT GO) used to show speed cameras, suddenly they have vanished, do not appear anywhere on the menus that I can find! So if anyone knows what has happened do let us know!

Dave

·
Registered
394 Posts

derekfaeberwick said:
Simplelife said:
Chris,..... and spend another £50 in order to get lost! :lol: An AA road map is all you will ever need to get from A to B. Boys with their toys, take them off the beaten track, tut tut, I don't know hay! :lol:

Shane.....
How does your horse manage to read his maps? :roll: :) :lol:
:lol: Horses can't read maps don't you know? But for some bizarre reason they can fold them neatly!

Shane.....

·
Registered
394 Posts
spykal said:
Wanting the "simplelife" seems to be turning you into latter-day Luddite ... if you really want the simplelife what on earth are you doing on here... a bloomin internet forum :!: :lol:
When all you need is a quill, some ink and some paper and you could write lovely hand crafted letters to magazines asking their readers for all the information you ask about on here :lol: :lol:

Mike
Mike, :lol:

I push tap the keyboard buttons with a biro, does this count?! :lol:

As for a simplelife, equate these options:

1. Buy sat nat and batteries, read instructions, rely on back up service, remove all human homing instincts, program in destination and pray!

versus....

2. Map, compass, fresh air for clear thinking and off you go!

Shane.....

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
There is a small hole at the bottom of the unit, it may say reset on it, push an opened paperclip or similar in and it will reset the unit. It shouldn't alter anything that is already stored on the TomTom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.