Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we have been travelling in our 2019 kontiki 649 motorhome and have a random switch, does anyone know what this does please? It's in the rear lounge on the front of the left seat base. Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,187 Posts
Gosh another mystery switch....................either people are not being given a proper handover or are not experimenting as Jean said to see what happens when the mystery switch is switched.
What do you think Sherlock ??

·
Premium Member
9,771 Posts
We have one in our 2017 Autotrail Comanche too. It's one side of a double light switch from memory: switches nowt!

Reactions: Webby1

·
Premium Member
2,187 Posts
So glad you got an answer...............and welcome to the Forum
Even Sherlock could not deduce that it was a switch that did not switch anything.
Perhaps on an "upgraded version" it will be wired in to operate something.
For you it's all fascia but no lights on

·
Premium Member
22,851 Posts
I installed a switch in the rear so as to get round the annoying 20 min cut off for the radio. The radio has to be switched on with the ignition, but once turned on, it can be turned off or on simply by using our “mystery switch“ in the rear. It may well have been installed by a previous owner.

That hum you can hear could be due to the radio system - check whether that is linked as I suggested ours is.

·
Premium Member
11,262 Posts
Yes when switched on I can hear a low hum but nothing changes and no lights come on or off
Have you a stand alone battery charger or inverter on board, both could emit an electrical hum?

My Arapaho also has a switch that would control a factory fitted option that my model doesn’t have, but no hum.

Perhaps Swift could advise or a dedicated Swift owners group on Facebook etc.

Terry

Edit: our member Barry has a Kontiki, although it’s old enough to have a man with a red flag that has to run in front of it 😁😁
Sadly his expertise is limited to computers and Duct Tape. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,187 Posts
Surely if there's a hum when it's switched on then it's doing something? The question is what?
Well surely Watson.................. its the switch that switches on the hum................Elementrhmmmmmmm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts