Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,695 Posts
Are you objecting to the fact there are rules Kev? Or the fact that they are being changed?:smile2: Personally I will be pleased when they bring back the rule that says all motor traffic has to be proceeded by a man on foot waving a red flag and shouting a warning!:laugh:

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I object to yet more rules where the safety of other people is being pressed onto drivers, why cant a pedestrian look up from their damned phone and look where they are going, & I have no time for cyclists other than those going to work, they at least usually obey the rules of the road and do not put their safety in my hands.

·
Premium Member
46,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Footpath Road, Footpath road, simple enough concept to understand, now we also have bloody psyclopaths for the Lycra clad to go on, but not they still ride on the roads next to them which is even more dangerous because guess where the put the damned things.

·
Premium Member
16,659 Posts
I have to agree with you Kev, over here you have to watch out for 2 things that I don´t think you have there (or maybe you do now)
Beware of cycle paths (and psychopath's) when you are leaving supermarket car parks because a lot of them have foot and cycle paths crossing them also watch out for side streets that don´t have this sign in front, because they have the ROW and it´s pretty scary when you don´t know this and a car shoots out in front of you when you are on the main road.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Do you get upset with level crossing gates or traffic lights to stop the flow of vehicles along "their" tarmac?
Surely any self-respecting driver should be able to assess whether they are going to be hit by a 100ton train travelling at 100mph, unless of course they're too busy texting or changing radio stations?

And why do we put fences round airports? There must be some lovely walks which could go straight across the runways!

When I was a kid we used to sledge down the hill outside my house, always keeping an eye out for buses coming round the corner. No-one ever got killed, but there were one or two close calls.
And as a teenager I cycled much of the length of the A1: would I do it now (assuming I was capable of it)?

Gordon

·
Premium Member
46,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have a level crossing we use regularly and it's the mainline to Scotland so very busy, you can skirt around it there is a bridge (novel idea that) if we are in a hurry.

It all kicked off with them pesky belisha beacons I reckon, gone downhill since, bloody panda crossing et al, no wonder the bloody planet is overpopulated.

·
Premium Member
46,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
'......make yourself visible in certain situations'

'Certain situations' are undefined, so what use is that advice?

Anyway the Highway Code is not law.

Geoff
>:)>:)>:)

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
The Highway Code is under a complete overhaul. Living in the countryside like wot I do means we are all discussing horses on the roads :) The rules are now that a horse must be given at least two meters of space when overtaking it "wide and slow". There is no definition of "slow" but there have been cases where the driver was found to be at fault, in a horse related accident, when doing 10 miles per hour.

·
Premium Member
46,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I/we have always treated horses with the greatest of respect, wonderful gracious animals, some of the riders not so much, and of cause very capable of doing tremendous damage to a car, passing the in the van we find that the sensible riders will stop for larger vehicles to pass as a moving horse is not as easy to control

·
Premium Member
13,322 Posts
The Highway Code is under a complete overhaul. Living in the countryside like wot I do means we are all discussing horses on the roads :) The rules are now that a horse must be given at least two meters of space when overtaking it "wide and slow". There is no definition of "slow" but there have been cases where the driver was found to be at fault, in a horse related accident, when doing 10 miles per hour.
I assume that means 2m width, but how is that possible on a single-track lane, especially with a 2.3m wide MH? Even if a rider moved into a gateway it would still be impossible to achieve 2m separation.

Geoff

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.