Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Hi Dave

Could you be a bit more specific about whats happening? I have fired mine up and tried a few post codes without any probs.

George

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Hi Paul

Sorry our posts crossed I read Daves then had a play to see and then posted !!

Your right its the best, even the expensive option in my car is way behind this.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi george

i havd very recently bought a gps bundle ie, ipaq +reciever and stuff, very expensive and it is not a patch on the navigator 4 system

The only reason for the purchase was because it is awkward to have the laptop sat in the front cab, and i thought something smaller would be more handy (not) might make a swivel arm setup to allow the laptop to move freely

Still it will give me a backup system albeit an expensive one :oops: :oops:

Paul

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hi Paul. I have Navigator but up until now haven't used it much, I have enough room to have it on the floor between the seats and it is loud enough to hear,
The problem was when I tried it from Malvern to Chester it kept trying to take me over the the M6 enough though I had put the settings in for the A449 up through Bridgenorth.
Cheers Sid

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sid

have had a couple of similar incidences where (doris the navagator 4) was trying to send me in a direction i knew to be a bad road
I then change the setting from slowest to fastest route, it then sent me the way i wanted to go,
i dont think this will always be the answer, and it is not always possible to know all of the route the is to be travelled

We used it to take us to france/spain at xmas and i was a pleasure to have

Having said that i am usually the problem and i dont alway do what doris tells me and as you know she is quick to tell you that you are lost, but all in all it is a worthwhile system to have

Paul

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
That drive off and explore feature is great, ie you can detour to look for shops garage etc and it just recalcs

The wrong direction things is down to preferences by default I think a dirt track as the same priority as a Motorway.

I changed the priorities a bit and its seems far better now

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi maverick

i initially got a navigation system called Alturion............What grief i found

Have now installed Tom TOM 3 and have only had it installed this very evening i already it appears to be so more user friendly

Time will tell

Paul

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whats happenning is after post code entered, and fastest computation selected,..normally the 'Navigate route' button highlights, but now it doesn't want to play? :?

Still seeing 7 satellites according to bottom of screen

dave

·
Registered
778 Posts
hi guys

weve also got navigator 4 , though i havent used it yet , somebody posted a great list of initial settings here to get started with albeit on the old site which was hacked and the post was lost ,
maybe the person could possibly post this info again and i'll save it this time as i remember others saying it worked a treat.
cheers
kenny+stella

·
Registered
124 Posts
solentviews said:
Maverick. What IPAQ do you use and can you use it to go walkabouts?
thankyou Ian
ipaq 2210. Can't go walkabouts as I have the 'wired' GPS and need a power supply. If you had a Bluetooth one you could go walkabout, seem to remember andriodGB (on the old site) has one but felt battery life wasn't brilliant and was looking to change to wired.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.