Motorhome Facts Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Netflix?

8K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  GMJ 
#1 ·
Lizs Son has set up Netflix on our TV, for is to make use of, but I've not had anything to do with it yet as we have more than enough stuff already recorded to keep us occupied as the nights draw in.

So is there a way to use it for recording onto the laptop so it can me burned to DVD or put onto a USB stick for watching in the van when we are away?

Total novice at this so explanation needed.

#3 ·
I must be getting confused, I thought with a name like Netflix it would mostly be watched on a PC of some sort, we can watch it via the Virgin Tivo box, but not everyone has one though.

#4 ·
Kev_n_Liz said:
I must be getting confused, I thought with a name like Netflix it would mostly be watched on a PC of some sort, we can watch it via the Virgin Tivo box, but not everyone has one though.[/quote
daughter has netflix for use at home using her smart tv, the bizz for watching films. her contract allows usage on two other appliances,laptop, tablet etc. :roll: jim m

#5 ·
mollmagee said:
Kev_n_Liz said:
I must be getting confused, I thought with a name like Netflix it would mostly be watched on a PC of some sort, we can watch it via the Virgin Tivo box, but not everyone has one though.[/quote
daughter has netflix for use at home using her smart tv, the bizz for watching films. her contract allows usage on two other appliances,laptop, tablet etc. :roll: jim m
Thanks Jim, yup, I already knew that, but not much more, not sure what the rolling eyes are for though, I did say it's all new to me.

So I'll repeat the question.

Is there a way to use it for recording onto the laptop so it can me burned to DVD or put onto a USB stick for watching in the van when we are away?

And add, I don't mind not being able to transfer it if I can leave it on the Lappy that'd be fine, I have a 700gb drive with about 500gb of empty space, and 3 x 500gb USb drives (Ex sky box).

#7 ·
bigtree said:
Our Tivo box has just arrived with netflix free for 6 months,just got to set it all up and see whats available. :D
What fun you'll have with the remote, about as unergonomic as they could possibly have made it, however HELP is at hand if you have an Android phone, (Apple??) much easier to use if you have decent Wifi, I use ours up in the wilds of Scotland if I can get a signal or Wifi.

Enjoy.

#8 ·
daughter has netflix for use at home using her smart tv, the bizz for watching films. her contract allows usage on two other appliances,laptop, tablet etc. :roll: jim m[/quote]

Thanks Jim, yup, I already knew that, but not much more, not sure what the rolling eyes are for though, .[/quote]
grandkids tell me i am always rolling my eyes when i tell them off so its added to all my comments,sort of trademark. so dont panic. :lol: :roll: jim m

#9 ·
:roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

#10 ·
What’s happened to the Netflix thread or is this it.

We have started watching the new Peeky blinders series, what a disappointment, so slow and to my mind not a good story, we have just started on episode 4 and I don’t want to watch anymore.

#11 ·
You can certainly download programmes to your PC/laptop Kev and then watch them at your leisure. I think that not everything is available for download but there is plenty of choice.

In terms of burning onto a DVD or putting onto a memory stick I don't know.

#17 ·
I thought I saw posts to this thread the other day, do we have two Netflix freds?

• Wow
Reactions: raynipper
#18 ·
Appropriately Wednesday started last night, hope it's as good as the YouTube version.

#19 ·
We watched a film on Netflix yesterday called The Interview. Very silly but humorous in parts, it's about an American talk show host and his producer who get to interview Kim Jong Un.

#20 ·
We watched another film yesterday called The Departed. Its quite old (2006) but features an epic cast list and was quite gripping.

#21 ·
06 isn't old G, we watch 80s & 90s stuff sometimes.

#23 ·
Seems so, I started this one a long time ago for a problem not for puting films etc on but I did the other day accidentally.

Jus t stop posting into this one and it'll drop out.

#24 ·
So we finally got around to watching "Bank of Dave" last night, brilliant film if a little imaginative having Def Leppard in it.

Reactions: barryd
#26 ·
Pah, show us your tits.

• Haha
Reactions: raynipper
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.