Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2808 Posts

· Premium Member
17,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not everyone is reading my home thread, more people might be interested in Netflix though.
I downloaded it on Monday and have been watching more of "Anne with an E" free of charge :grin2: (I was watching it at Heike´s). If I want to carry on with Netflix then after 30 days I start to pay 7.99€ a month.
"Anne with an e " is "Anne of Green Gables" . in case you didn´t know and I am thoroughly enjoying it, better than all the blood and guts and fantasy stuff Netflix has.
I have never read the book and didn´t realise it all happens in Canada, but I bet there aren´t many who have never heard of the classic.
There are 3 prices for Netflix in this country, maybe the same everywhere I don´t know.

Attachments

· Premium Member
25,579 Posts
Is this an add Jan.?
Shall we report it.?

Ray.

Reactions: greygit

· Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Not a one to watch films, really, Jan. That, though, does sound like I might like it.

We buy dvd's, from the charity shops, to take away with us and never watch them. Mind you we are due to have some bad weather here in Spain so I might dig some of them out.

· Premium Member
17,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a one to watch films, really, Jan. That, though, does sound like I might like it.

We buy dvd's, from the charity shops, to take away with us and never watch them. Mind you we are due to have some bad weather here in Spain so I might dig some of them out.
My circumstances are a bit (lot) different Pat, there are no charity shops here for a start, far and few secondhand shops.
UK TV we have never been able to get because we are too far east. It´s mostly series I have watched so far.
We never watched TV in the van, not even the DVD´s we took with us that are still in there, but now I am on my own who knows what I will do when I am away.

· Premium Member
29,393 Posts
My circumstances are a bit (lot) different Pat, there are no charity shops here for a start, far and few secondhand shops.
UK TV we have never been able to get because we are too far east. It´s mostly series I have watched so far.
We never watched TV in the van, not even the DVD´s we took with us that are still in there, but now I am on my own who knows what I will do when I am away.
What are you watching Netflix on Jan? The big telly or iPad?

· Premium Member
11,487 Posts
'The Spy' is a good watch, Mossad recruit an Egyptian to infiltrate the Syrian regime.

Terry

Reactions: erneboy

· Premium Member
11,487 Posts
Is that good for girls :frown2:
Couldn't possibly comment on such a sexist comment :grin2:

Gender neutral Terry :grin2:

Reactions: greygit and JanHank

· Premium Member
25,579 Posts
If the Mac and any tele has HDMI, I think they can just bee connected to watch anything coming in on the Mac.
Mind you we don't do that at home only when away.

Ray.

· Premium Member
17,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If the Mac and any tele has HDMI, I think they can just bee connected to watch anything coming in on the Mac.
Mind you we don't do that at home only when away.

Ray.
They are in 2 different rooms so don´t see how thats possible Ray.
The only time there will be more than me watching is when Heike or blu comes so this is big enough.

· Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Would one of those firestick thingys work on our tv in the fiver? How do they work? Do they need wifi? We have wifi here.

I have found BBC Sounds on the laptop and am enjoying listening to the radio through it :)

· Premium Member
29,393 Posts
Would one of those firestick thingys work on our tv in the fiver? How do they work? Do they need wifi? We have wifi here.

I have found BBC Sounds on the laptop and am enjoying listening to the radio through it :)
I haven't got one as I download all my stuff from the secret internet fairies but there was a thread a while back all about them, I'm out right now but will see if I can find it later. Yes they need wifi as they stream the content and basically turn your TV into a smart tv where you can watch subscription services (assuming you have a subscription like Netflix and Amazon prime) and loads of free channels.

No reason why they wouldn't work in the fiver or motorhome as long as your TV had a USB port to plug it in and you have good unlimited wifi. I think they would work via a 4G or 3g phone hotspot or mifi as well but will eat data really quick.

The smaller the TV though I think the less bandwidth you will need.

1 - 20 of 2808 Posts