Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
Name a few more movies or series you've liked and maybe we can suggest similar things Jan.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
Maybe give The Americans a go. I liked it. Have you watched Bosche? Tis good.

Line of Duty? Spiral?

You can check shows out on imbd.com

Reactions: JanHank

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
I can watch Amazon Prime stuff from here in Spain without a VPN. I don't suppose there'd be geographic limits.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
Killing Eve is very good too.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
I´m hooked on Bosch now, can´t watch anymore tonight, but I am on Episode 7 already.
Have you seen Breaking Bad Jan?

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
It is on Prime Jan, but they want you to pay for it. I don't know about Netflix, I'm not a member so can't check.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
Can recommend The Bletchley Circle very highly Jan. I'll check the others out since something new is always welcome.

Seen Boardwalk Empire? Narcos, the amazing true story of Pablo Escobar. Peaky Blinders?

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
Sneaky Pete.

The Wire, once you get the accents it's very good. Mad Men. Good Girls Revolt.

The Good Wife and The Good fight, a bit light weight perhaps but entertaining enough. In the same vein The Murdoch Mysteries, NCIS, both have maybe 14 or 15 seasons and are entertaining enough.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
Fleabag, Derry Girls. I like Mrs. Brown, plenty don't though.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
Oh, is that right.

Couch potato my arse. A few hours on a winter's evening?

Reactions: raynipper

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
I'd rather escape to the dentists chair, but each to their own.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
Old, but have you seen Band of Brothers?

The Wire. West Wing. The Hour.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
I found Edge of Darkness, the original, there is a remake which is OK. Also the original Colditz which is still very watchable.

A good few old things are. Lots of Star Trek for example.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
Quite right Jan. If I stopped watching stuff after half an hour because it hadn't gripped me I'd have missed a lot of good tele.

It often take me a couple of episodes but I persist if they were well recommended and providing they don't break my golden rules. 1. No mythical supernatural fantasy ****. 2. No glaring historical errors or rewriting of history, like the Americans having won WW2 single handedly. 3. Language out of place. If somebody says something like No **** Sherlock in a pirate movie that's it ruined for me. OK that's unlikely but using words or expressions long before they could possibly have been invented is what I mean.

There was a series about the Manhattan Project which I thought might be well worth a watch. I downloaded it and when Mrs Eb was away I started to watch it only to discover during the first few minutes that it was pure fiction connected to the real story only by the stolen name and by characters who bore the names of the real scientists. That rendered it pointless for me. You may say that it was just fiction and that's true but I'd have ended up with fictional details mixed up with historical information in my head if I'd watched it.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
Not on Netflix I shouldn't think.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
Thats Prime UK I belong to .de obviously a difference in contents, its not free either.

I can´t get UK TV.
You will with a VPN Jan.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
Some, but to watch UK telly legally you'd be in the UK paying a TV licence.

If you do decide to consider a VPN (Virtual Private Network) take advice first, some are better than others.

There are good arguments in favour of using a vpn besides just watching telly. https://www.lifewire.com/benefits-of-using-a-vpn-4688765

1 - 20 of 132 Posts