Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 226 Posts

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
On Netflix we are currently watching and enjoying...

Marco Polo - second series and quite gripping: politics and war in the court of Kublai Khan.

House of cards - just finished series 3 of the USA version. We think this is WAY better than the UK version...which we saw last year again and whilst good, looks very dated now. The US version has Kevin Spacey playing the protagonist and is gripping stuff.

White Gold - series 2. Very rude but very funny series about double glazing sales in the 1980's. Not for the faint hearted but good for music and car spotting from the era too.

We recently finished Medici the Magnificent...which was all about the Medici family in 15th century Florence. If you like historical drama's this would really suit...

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
We watched a cracking film ton Netflix his afternoon called "Into the Wild". Its a true story about a young man who leaves home to tramp around the USA. Recommended.

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
still looking for something long running and juicy to get into but not much luck
Have you tried House of Cards Barry?

There are 6 series of it on Netflix. We are up to Series 4 and there have been 13 episodes in each series so far.

It is fast moving and gripping and way better than the UK version (which now looks rather dated in comparison). It starts Kevin Spacey as the lead and he does a great job we think.

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
Just read that watching 30 mins of Netflix or Youtube pollutes the planet as much as driving a car for 200m.

Ray.
Blooming 'eck.

Stick your source for that up Ray will you? I'd like to read about that.

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
Virtually everything you stream goes through a data centre in Virginia and that does have an impact on power usage and thus of course the environment. Thousands of servers serving the worlds data demands 24/7, 365 and then pushing that info around the world and under the Atlantic all adds up.
Did you see my post #1214 above Barry? Regarding House of cards?

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
We finished our last episode of Marco Polo last night. I heartily recommend it if you haven't seen it. There are 2 series of it on Netflix both of 10 episodes.

We need a replacement now to go alongside House of Cards, which is now coming towards the end of the 4th series for us. There are 6 series of that and each appears to be 13 episodes long.

We did a trawl through a little while ago and came up with these. Can anyone please comment on any of them based on your viewing experience?

Hinterland
Breaking Bad
Summer of rockets
Damnation
Marcella
The Fall
Age of Samurai

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
We started watching Hinterland last night. The first episode was very good so we'll try the second. Its set in west Wales so quite pertinent for us.

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
No, might give it a go. Any good?
We are enjoying it and just watched the 4th episode last night. Each one is about 1hour 35 - 45mins long.

It centres around plain clothes Police based in Aberystwyth and solving murders.

Dark, brooding landscapes...and its rains occasionally...surprisingly enough! :grin2:

Reactions: barryd

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
We have just starting watching Shadow and Bone on Netflix. We have watched 2 episodes.

If you liked His Dark Materials on the Beeb then this is for you.

If you found His Dark materials confusing (like me) then this may also confuse as after 2 episodes I am slowly starting to piece it together! It's well done thus far though tbh...I just haven't cracked it yet.

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
We wanted to add a comedy to our playlist so have started watching Fresh Meat. Its absolute puerile nonsense about teenagers starting at Uni and sharing a house together. Jack Whitehall is in it. We find it quite funny tbh but we have a quite diverse sense of humour!

Reactions: barryd

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
Yes Barry - both series and the 2 films.

V v funny in parts.

I presume you've watched Bad Education if you like the above?

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
I keep getting reminders to re-join Netfix as a 'valued' customer. But although I will next winter when life and activities slow down I most certainly won't in the summer months as we don't have time to fit the whole day in anyway. Let alone watch pay to view TV.

Ray.
Ray

Our son pays for Netflix and for a couple of quid extra a month (literally) he can allow 2 other people to access it, so we get it for free. Now TV (Sky Sports) and Amazon Prime are the same and we get free access to those through him as well. He's a good lad :smile2:

It might be worth asking around family and friends to see if they can do the same for you...assuming the same system runs over there.

Reactions: raynipper
1 - 20 of 226 Posts