Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1164 Posts

· Premium Member
18,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not everyone is reading my home thread, more people might be interested in Netflix though.
I downloaded it on Monday and have been watching more of "Anne with an E" free of charge :grin2: (I was watching it at Heike´s). If I want to carry on with Netflix then after 30 days I start to pay 7.99€ a month.
"Anne with an e " is "Anne of Green Gables" . in case you didn´t know and I am thoroughly enjoying it, better than all the blood and guts and fantasy stuff Netflix has.
I have never read the book and didn´t realise it all happens in Canada, but I bet there aren´t many who have never heard of the classic.
There are 3 prices for Netflix in this country, maybe the same everywhere I don´t know.

Attachments

· Premium Member
18,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh do you think it is? I´m just chuffed I have found it as Netflix has been mentioned a few times for films etc. :frown2:

· Premium Member
18,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a one to watch films, really, Jan. That, though, does sound like I might like it.

We buy dvd's, from the charity shops, to take away with us and never watch them. Mind you we are due to have some bad weather here in Spain so I might dig some of them out.
My circumstances are a bit (lot) different Pat, there are no charity shops here for a start, far and few secondhand shops.
UK TV we have never been able to get because we are too far east. It´s mostly series I have watched so far.
We never watched TV in the van, not even the DVD´s we took with us that are still in there, but now I am on my own who knows what I will do when I am away.

· Premium Member
18,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If the Mac and any tele has HDMI, I think they can just bee connected to watch anything coming in on the Mac.
Mind you we don't do that at home only when away.

Ray.
They are in 2 different rooms so don´t see how thats possible Ray.
The only time there will be more than me watching is when Heike or blu comes so this is big enough.

· Premium Member
18,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You can get USB Firesticks or Hoku that plug into the side of the telly and allow you to access Netflix and watch stuff on the big screen but I forgot you had that big Mac. Looks ideal.
I have never seen the USB socket on our TV, no wonder :frown2: I expectant extension lead to keep at the front would be OK ?

Attachments

· Premium Member
18,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I 'liked' your post Jan but in fact I don't really like it. The TV is a bit boxed in and no room for expansion.??

Ray.
Of course, thats how it was built, IF I wanted a BIG TV like wot you´ve got it would be fixed above the two cupboards, but I have no intention of having a bigger TV, this one hardly gets watched anyway.

Or of course the two cupboards could be moved outwards as the 3 are all separate :grin2:

· Premium Member
18,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just watched the last episode of Anne with an E, I cried just as much watching it on my 27" mac as I would have done watching it on Heikes big TV :grin2:

· Premium Member
18,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I never understood your sentence thats all. Is that a photo of the back of your actual TV? If so it has all the sockets, HDMI, USB, ethernet etc. You could plug a laptop in via HDMI or a USB Firestick to get Netflix etc. It looks like it already has some kind of hard drive attached.
Not the back of MY TV barry its the picture in an advert for my TV.
The old Samsung laptop is already plugged into the HDMI, but the Netflix is on the mac, I don´t think I can have it on the laptop as well.
Or maybe you know different.

· Premium Member
18,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
If you have a subscription I would have thought you could access it on any device. I think you can have it on up to six but only in use one at a time. This might help. https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23931
I will check it out later, worn out at the moment, had a long walk and then long talk with a friend in Spain on WhatsApp AND cleaned the oven, I think the water has been turned off to the dishwasher by a strong hand because I can´t turn the tap on, probably Erick the body builder :frown2: Can´t find the screwdrivers I set aside for myself, its going to take me 3 months to get organised from 3 months away.

· Premium Member
18,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
GOT IT:grin2:
Laptop needs a bit of work, everything is out of date, it won't open on Firefox says it´s not supported, but looks good on Chrome.

PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB :grin2:

· Premium Member
18,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
'The Spy' is a good watch, Mossad recruit an Egyptian to infiltrate the Syrian regime.

Terry
This is more exciting than 007 stuff. I´m now on episode 6. It appears to be the last one so I´ll save it until tomorrow because I might fall asleep tonight.
Watching on the TV from the laptop.

Who´s a clever old gal then :grin2:

1 - 20 of 1164 Posts