Motorhome Facts Forum banner
2281 - 2300 of 2308 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
We just watched the 3rd and last part of Four Lives on BBC iPlayer. Its about the real life gay date murders committed by Stephen Port. It was really good: good cast and very gripping. Only 3 parts, well watchable.

·
Premium Member
16,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,284 ·
Watched the new Downton film this afternoon in the van. Much better than the last one. Really enjoyed it. Bit of light-hearted stuff on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
[/QUOTE

But you got that from a place we can’t go 🙁

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
If you have a well developed sense of humour then one series we are watching on Netflix on an occasional basis is The Young Offenders, which might be good for you. Its set in Cork and centres around 2 teenage lads and the stuff that they get up to. It's very funny and crude. Each episode is only 30 mins so good as a filler. Strong RoI accents and strong language too!

Reactions: erneboy

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Don't kn
We started a new series for us last night: Stranger Things. Its a sci fi series and I was dubious at the start (bunch of kids; one goes missing) however the first episode improved so we'll give it another try.
Just started on Stranger Things..................also a bit dubious for similar ET like reasons.
Is the plot going to expand or just go into endless fantasies and what ifs ................a bit like Lost.

But we are warming to it and we'll get to Kate Bush soon

Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
11,256 Posts
Bosch has returned on Prime, ‘Bosch: Legacy’. Harry returns as a private investigator with daughter Maddie now a rookie LA patrol cop in a 10 episode drama that’s worth a watch, left with a cliff hanger for another series too.

Terry

Reactions: erneboy

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Don't kn

Just started on Stranger Things..................also a bit dubious for similar ET like reasons.
Is the plot going to expand or just go into endless fantasies and what ifs ................a bit like Lost.

But we are warming to it and we'll get to Kate Bush soon
We are about 3-4 episodes in on series 1 and finding it quite gripping now. It's all getting a bit sinister.

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
We have started watching Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix. Good cast and shaping up nicely. It's about a philandering Tory minister who gets accused of rape.

·
Premium Member
16,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,293 ·
Downtown Abbey film.
We watched it last night, when the king and queen visited Downton. It didn‘t disappoint, I hope there will be more.

·
Premium Member
16,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,296 ·
That one hasn’t found it’s way to Prime or Netflix here yet then.
I wonder why the whole series was free, but you have to rent the films on Prime.

·
Premium Member
31,731 Posts
That one hasn’t found it’s way to Prime or Netflix here yet then.
I wonder why the whole series was free, but you have to rent the films on Prime.
Downton I expect is a massive money spinner. The series will have made a fortune in advertising and broadcast rights. The movies will also when they are eventually aired in TV. Until then they have to make their money from the viewer

·
Premium Member
16,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,298 ·
Surprised I just enjoyed a film I have been ignoring because I though it was a special effects film, I suppose it is really because nobody is that clever.
Equalizer 2, tomorrow we will watch 1, doesn’t matter seeing the wrong way round. 😁

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
We finished watching 2 series on Netflix last night. Both had 6 episodes...and both were very watchable and I'd recommend.

Barbarians is set in the forests of Germania and is about the battles/relationship between the tribes there and the conquering Romans. It's dubbed English as the original was in German by the looks.

Anatomy of a Scandal concerns the philandering's of a Tory MP and his subsequent court case when accused of rape. It is very cleverly done and quite gripping.

2281 - 2300 of 2308 Posts