Motorhome Facts Forum banner
2341 - 2360 of 2427 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
Yeh you may be right. She liked BB though but is finding BCS a bit slow moving. Personally I like all the back story. She'll come round...

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,342 ·
I have started a new series called Manifest, I expect you call it science fiction, only watched the first episode, it’s quite entertaining, just an unbelievable unreal story.

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
We finished series 2 of Stranger things last night. It really is a good programme albeit a little scary! Looking forward to starting series 3 now.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
We finished series 2 of Stranger things last night. It really is a good programme albeit a little scary! Looking forward to starting series 3 now.
Scary !!!! wait till Series 3

• Wow
Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
We watched a film on Netflix yesterday called The Father.

The film is equally brilliant and equally harrowing. Anthony Hopkins is superb playing a mature gentleman who has dementia. The film is shot through his eyes/experiences and very cleverly done. Great support cast too.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,349 ·
Ray,
Amazon email this morning announcing their Prime prices are going up, I pay annually mostly for the Prime free delivery but it says the monthly price goes up from 7.99€ a month to 8.99€ a month, are you sure your 8.99€ is for Netflix Ray or could it be Prime?

·
Premium Member
28,190 Posts
Yes Jan, Netflix went up from €7.99 to €8.99 last year.
It's just the cheek once you get sucked in to up the rate. And I have another 'reminder' to re-join today at €8.99. But I can do without them for now as many people have found out.
Don't do Amazon Prime at all.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
I only 'do' AP when they offer a month free. I don't watch the telly with them tbh as there is so much on Netflix and the various catch up players for BBC, ITV etc.

My son has AP and we can watch with his log in if we want. We watched Clarksons Farm but nothing else so far but will tune in and watch the second series of that when it's out.

·
Premium Member
28,190 Posts
It's just too easy to add another unnecessary monthly outgoing on top of all the other monthlies. Utilities come first and anything else has to be warranted.
Our resident widow friend has recently found out she is still paying off her last iPhone after the contract had ended. Two more monthly debits for a house she has sold six months ago.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
I agree Ray

We have just had to add - much against my better judgement and personal views - a monthly dental plan for each of us at £8 a month each. Quite simply it's the only way to get a check up around here despite us being NHS customers. The rule is that the dentists will only see folks with problems, so there are now no regular check ups to be had.

It's 190 quid a year I could do without spending tbh.

Expensive month for us: 600 quid on MH repairs; 650 quid on oil for the house; 400 quid on home insurance...let alone the payment for the new settees!

• Sad
Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
36,053 Posts
£11 for fish and chips, is that for four people? Were you bringing some for next door?

·
Premium Member
28,190 Posts
Somehow the last nine months for us has been exceptionally heavy expenditure.
Two new outer doors, new shower, new TV, new tyres, big car service and wifes big 'O' birthday celebrations in UK and here in France.
Six grand down we wouldn't normally have to find.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
28,190 Posts
Just had a 'Live Chat' with a Netflix rep. I complained about the price increase and their response was better quality shows. I countered that they are mostly repeats now.
He accepted that and said many people were of a similar view but keep looking as the price might change??

Ray.

·
Premium Member
32,005 Posts
£11 for fish and chips, is that for four people? Were you bringing some for next door?
Nope one but it included peas and curry sauce :D

Thats nothing. The prices of takeaway and pub food in Devon and Cornwall were astronomical and the quality generally terrible. At least up here its better quality for the money.

I think Chippies are in serious trouble here. They have been badly hit by the war in Ukraine I believe.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,359 ·
Fish and chips, used to be 1 shilling and four pence for a fish super when I was in my early teens in the 60is. 🤨

I said this recently elsewhere or maybe on this thread it depends on what you want to spend your money on, I don´t spend a lot on clothes, next to nothing on going out for meals, I may do when on holiday, I don´t stop for a coffee and cake when out shopping, just want to get home after. Wine, beer etc. only occasionally do I drink alone. My Netflix is still 7.99 € a month and if it went up I would still pay it.

I have decided to skip to the last episode of this series of Manifest, its all got too ridiculous for me. Only some series have I stuck it out until the end. I will watch a few films next I think.

·
Premium Member
32,005 Posts
Fish and chips, used to be 1 shilling and four pence for a fish super when I was in my early teens in the 60is. 🤨

I said this recently elsewhere or maybe on this thread it depends on what you want to spend your money on, I don´t spend a lot on clothes, next to nothing on going out for meals, I may do when on holiday, I don´t stop for a coffee and cake when out shopping, just want to get home after. Wine, beer etc. only occasionally do I drink alone. My Netflix is still 7.99 € a month and if it went up I would still pay it.

I have decided to skip to the last episode of this series of Manifest, its all got too ridiculous for me. Only some series have I stuck it out until the end. I will watch a few films next I think.
Ive watched about ten minutes of it so far and its already ridiculous but intriguing. Its what the Americans call Network TV I think which means it will be a bit lame but ill stick with it for now.

2341 - 2360 of 2427 Posts