Motorhome Facts Forum banner
2361 - 2380 of 2427 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,361 ·
Ive watched about ten minutes of it so far and its already ridiculous but intriguing. Its what the Americans call Network TV I think which means it will be a bit lame but ill stick with it for now.
I wouldn't bother unless you´re into that kind of thing which of course I am not normally, but it seemed such an unbelievable story I'd have a go, but it just got more and more stupid, I skipped 2 and watched the last one while I put my feet up after shopping, it just continues to get more stupid so I´ll strike the rest off.
Have you finished Saul?

·
Premium Member
32,005 Posts
I wouldn't bother unless you´re into that kind of thing which of course I am not normally, but it seemed such an unbelievable story I'd have a go, but it just got more and more stupid, I skipped 2 and watched the last one while I put my feet up after shopping, it just continues to get more stupid so I´ll strike the rest off.
Have you finished Saul?
Ive watched one episode. Its kind of in the same ball park as "Under the Dome" or "Heroes" and other Sci Fi mainstream American trash. They are lame as hell but sometimes watchable and of course I am into all that science fiction and fantasy stuff. Ive downloaded the rest of Season 1 anyway so will report back. :D

I know you said you had finished Saul but I checked and they are not all out yet! seen season six up to episode 7 which was the first part which finished in May but there are another six episodes that started airing in July with three yet to air. The end of episode 7 was a bit of a shocker though. We will save them for the next leg of the big trip.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,363 ·
It didn’t show me there were more to come, it looked final, I am now watching episode 10 I had seen up to 9 and thought that was it as it seemed final.
The start is strange and it’s in black and white so far.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,364 ·
Nothing like Better call Saul its gone to pot after episode 9 which was the end really, had to be. Episode 11 will be on my screen on August 2nd then 12 on the 9th and 13 on the 16th. If they are the same as this one which was 52 mins long then they needn’t have bothered as far as I’m concerned.

·
Premium Member
32,005 Posts
I think the black and white bits often at the beginning are a look to the Future and Sauls life after Breaking bad which if I remember rightly he was spirited away by the guy in the hoover shop who gives people new lives. This is him in his new life.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,366 · (Edited)
I think the black and white bits often at the beginning are a look to the Future and Sauls life after Breaking bad which if I remember rightly he was spirited away by the guy in the hoover shop who gives people new lives. This is him in his new life.
[/QUOTE

I’m not sure which series it was that began with him eating his sandwich lunch in a shopping mall and he told a boy to get a lawyer, after he had pointed out he was hiding in a Photo Booth, well that’s the Saul in this episode which is all black and white.

·
Premium Member
32,005 Posts
Yes I think thats at least five years in the Future. Better Caul Saul is I think about four years before Breaking Bad so these clips are after that I think.

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,368 ·
Yes I think thats at least five years in the Future. Better Caul Saul is I think about four years before Breaking Bad so these clips are after that I think.
Whatever year it is, judging by episode 11 it’s not worth watching, another series gone off the rails, completely.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Whatever year it is, judging by episode 11 it’s not worth watching, another series gone off the rails, completely.
Perhaps it's to illustrate how Saul has now completely "gone off the rails" himself.:unsure:
(Watson I'll make a detective of you yet :alien:)
Only a couple of episodes left anyway

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
Please keep any plot discussions to yourselves folks as we are only on series 2 or 3 of it :)

• Helpful
Reactions: Webby1

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,371 ·
Perhaps it's to illustrate how Saul has now completely "gone off the rails" himself.:unsure:
(Watson I'll make a detective of you yet :alien:)
Only a couple of episodes left anyway
Then it spoils it for any further series, no I don´t like it because to restore him would be totally ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Just finished the last episode of "Stranger Things" last night.
You'll enjoy it Graham @GMJ and I'll give it Elleven out of ten.o_O

Apparently there is to be a Series 5..........when will they stop Running up that Hill
I'd probably give Kate Bush one as well.

Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
32,005 Posts
Currently watching Manifest that Jan mentioned. Utter garbage but for some reason I am still watching. Started watching The Righteous Gemstones which is funny(ish) and Euphoria which is a bit of a dark Teen Drama that makes Sex Education look like the Waltons. Jury is out on the last two.

·
Premium Member
32,005 Posts
I’m fed up trying to find a decent series, so tried a film. Gifted hands, a true story and good film.
I know what you mean. Always seem to be struggling these days. Films just dont do it for me or at least very rarely. Ive stuck with The Righteous Gemstones and Euphoria though. Gemstones is watchable but completely batty. Got into Euphoria which won all sorts of awards but it wont be to everyone's taste. Dark and bound to end in tragedy. How they got it past the censors (if there are any) I have no idea. Your "Manifest" series ive managed to watch 11 of. I think its going to be like "Lost" and a lot of those mainstream network TV shows from the States that just goes on and on and never gets anywhere. Its crap but Im still watching it.

·
Premium Member
36,053 Posts
Picard?

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Yes to Picard.Our recent list has been
Outlaws
Two Doors down
Sherwood
Lazarus Project
Undeclared War
The Rook
But I do like longer series like Stranger Things or Saul.
If you get to like it there are someimes 6 series to watch.
Unlike a single film that can sometimes be too long(yes !!) episodes are shorter and become old friends to dip into like Coronation Street.
Sometimes the treat of a double bill and still plenty more left.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
16,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,378 ·
I know what you mean. Always seem to be struggling these days. Films just dont do it for me or at least very rarely. Ive stuck with The Righteous Gemstones and Euphoria though. Gemstones is watchable but completely batty. Got into Euphoria which won all sorts of awards but it wont be to everyone's taste. Dark and bound to end in tragedy. How they got it past the censors (if there are any) I have no idea. Your "Manifest" series ive managed to watch 11 of. I think its going to be like "Lost" and a lot of those mainstream network TV shows from the States that just goes on and on and never gets anywhere. Its crap but Im still watching it.
I did say I soon got fedup with Manifest, in fact I can’t even remember what it was about now 🤔. I fast forwarded through the last 2 episodes of season1 and finished with it all together.
Episode ? something, of Saul last night, Its nothing like the rest and in b/w. Next episode on the 12th.

Uncoupled, NO I watched 2 that was enough. The Marked Heart another one I gave up on.

I‘ll try the others suggestions, maybe I‘ll find one I like, but I don‘t get all of the UK choices.
Last nights film was very good, for my taste, It is a true story about a black brain surgeon. Gifted hands.

·
Premium Member
32,005 Posts
Pretty sure I tried Stranger things. Looked lame to me. Isnt it full of irritating little kids designed for irritating little kids or am I thinking of something else?

Lazarus Project and the Rook sound intriguing.

2361 - 2380 of 2427 Posts