Motorhome Facts Forum banner
2501 - 2520 of 2806 Posts

· Premium Member
17,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,505 ·
Still watching Top Boy. 😳

There’s a new saying to replace “ya know” that I hadn’t heard until this series “init” Like the Welsh “ Isn’t it” they say it all the time, almost after every sentence and a senseless additive I hope it isn’t being said everywhere as “like” “ ya know” and “I mean” we’re or maybe still are being said.

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
I think the Welsh 'isn't it' is rather a myth as I have lived and worked in Wales for many years as well as being born and bred here and can't recall any over use of the phrase at all.

We do say that we'll do something " now in a minute" though :) ...well at least I say it anyway!!

We had a night off from Netflix last night and binge watched the first 5 episodes of the 1970's sitcom The Good Life. I bought the box set for Mrs GM for Xmas last year so we started watching them last night. All classics.

Reactions: JanHank

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
I think they all fall into the classic series' where everyone is/was funny. I think Fawlty Towers and Father Ted are the same for me as well in that regard.

Reactions: Webby1

· Premium Member
17,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,509 ·
I think they all fall into the classic series' where everyone is/was funny. I think Fawlty Towers and Father Ted are the same for me as well in that regard.
Strange as the last 2 never grabbed me, Faulty Towers was too silly, Father Ted I think I may have seen one or two, but not memorable. I also didn't watch Monty Python, I only really know that from the same old clips that are shown over and over again so I assume the rest of it was as I remember `that's silly´ 😁

· Premium Member
25,573 Posts
You gotta have a sense of humour Jan. Python and Faulty were and still are hilarious if you can see the irony.

Ray.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,239 Posts
Father Ted had a massive impact. It was one of several factors that wrenched control of Ireland away from the Catholic church. It used humour to expose the absurdity of the clerics. Undoubtedly it was funnier, and shocking, if you appreciated the significance of that.

It got the mick establishment apoplectic.

· Premium Member
17,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,512 ·
Father Ted is on YouTube, I can get it on my FireStick which means I can sit in a comfy chair to watch, I will give it a go (as they say)
And don´t you be so saucy Nipper, I have a sense of humour, but I am a bit choosy as you should know by now.

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
Father Ted had a massive impact. It was one of several factors that wrenched control of Ireland away from the Catholic church. It used humour to expose the absurdity of the clerics. Undoubtedly it was funnier, and shocking, if you appreciated the significance of that.

It got the mick establishment apoplectic.
Every episode as funny as the last I think. Dermot Morgan taken WAY too soon...RIP.

· Premium Member
11,813 Posts
We finished watching The Last Czars on Netflix last night. It's a docu- drama with around 6 episodes I think. Very watchable and more drama than 'docu'.

· Premium Member
17,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,516 ·
If you are a Ricky Gervais fan there is what I believe is a new one man show on Netflix, I watched it last night and although I am not a fan, in places it was very funny especially when he can’t tell the joke because he’s laughing so much himself. I think it may not last for long on there as there are no holds bared and he even says himself in places, “that will be cut”.

· Premium Member
29,390 Posts
If you are a Ricky Gervais fan there is what I believe is a new one man show on Netflix, I watched it last night and although I am not a fan, in places it was very funny especially when he can’t tell the joke because he’s laughing so much himself. I think it may not last for long on there as there are no holds bared and he even says himself in places, “that will be cut”.
Think your talking about "Supernature" Jan. Yes it's brilliant. I love the way he doesn't give a flying ferk. Very good and it offends all the right people :D

· Premium Member
17,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,518 ·
That’s the one, not really funny if you just read the words, it’s how he says them “It’s the way I tell em “ someone used to say.
I really don’t like him though, not my kind of comedian, he just happened to be first on the comedy list last night and as I didn’t want to start anything I would get hooked on as it was close to bed time I thought, Barry’s always on about this bloke and how funny he is I’ll give him another chance. Most of it was not to my taste, but a few bits were very funny, so funny I have forgotten what they were 😂

· Premium Member
29,390 Posts
That’s the one, not really funny if you just read the words, it’s how he says them “It’s the way I tell em “ someone used to say.
I really don’t like him though, not my kind of comedian, he just happened to be first on the comedy list last night and as I didn’t want to start anything I would get hooked on as it was close to bed time I thought, Barry’s always on about this bloke and how funny he is I’ll give him another chance. Most of it was not to my taste, but a few bits were very funny, so funny I have forgotten what they were 😂
I like him as his view on the world, whit and his refusal to conform or side with any genre, political outlook or trend is similar to mine. He really doesn't give a sh1t and doesn't care who likes it or not. You can't pigeon hole him. I think his TV stuff and writing is just brilliant. The fact that he manages to offend probably everyone at some stage pleases me. :D

· Premium Member
17,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,520 ·
He doesn't offend me, often I think it´s childish humour, a little boy thinking he is behaving like a grown up, Mmm, yes, well, I think I know you quite well :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

2501 - 2520 of 2806 Posts