Motorhome Facts Forum banner
2521 - 2540 of 2616 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,522 ·
Might be interesting if anyone is interested.

A British man who is on the run after injuring two French police officers in central France is reportedly a notorious fraudster who is the subject of the recent Netflix documentary ‘The Puppet Master: Hunting the Ultimate Conman’.
Martine Laporte, the mayor of Vidaillat, the village i Creuse where the incident took place, says she believes the suspect is 51-year-old Robert Hendy-Freegard.
Hendy-Freegard – who also goes by the name of David – is a conman known for masquerading as an MI5 agent to scam victims.
He was sentenced to life in prison in the UK in 2005 for kidnap and fraud, having been accused of extorting £1million from his victims and dubbed ‘The Puppet Master’ by Scotland Yard.

Ray.
He was caught in Belgium on the 2nd of September. Robert-Hendy-Freegard-Conman-tried-murder-French-cop-caught-Belgium-manhunt.html

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
We started watching a new series to us on Netflix last night... Vikings: Valhalla.

On first showing it looks quite good. 8 episodes of an hour length I think. Its a sequel to the first series and set 100 years after that so no problem if we missed that.

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,524 ·
’Stay Close’. James Nesbitt Eddie Izzard and Richard Armitage. I watched it last year I know, but I’m getting old and forgetful so forgot what it was about until I started watching it, I still can’t remember how it finishes and I’m now on episode 6. It’s good anyway.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
47,125 Posts
We started watching Suspect on TV with James Nesbitt the other day (don't let him take your kid for a haircut) but had to stop watching it, he's a good actor but seems to play really dark characters nowadays, he is good in Cold feet though, dunno if there is another series coming of that.

·
Premium Member
47,125 Posts
Will there be Cold Feet series 10?

Yes there will be. ITV confirmed in a statement that the much loved drama would be returning for a tenth series. However, fans will have to wait a while before Adam, Karen, Jenny, Pete and David reappear on our TV screens as the show is taking a hiatus.

• Helpful
Reactions: GMJ and raynipper

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,527 ·
Will there be Cold Feet series 10?

Yes there will be. ITV confirmed in a statement that the much loved drama would be returning for a tenth series. However, fans will have to wait a while before Adam, Karen, Jenny, Pete and David reappear on our TV screens as the show is taking a hiatus.
We loved that series, there must be many more since we left in 2005 I wonder if I can buy them all as a Christmas present to myself 🤔

·
Premium Member
47,125 Posts

·
Premium Member
47,125 Posts

·
Premium Member
47,125 Posts
Yes I noticed that, quality is a bit shoite too sadly, but sequence is S1 E1, S1 E2, S1 E3 etc.

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,533 ·
I think I would rather treat myself and watch a decent picture, I don´t remember the last time I bought myself anything just for me, not the house, probable the fire stick which was 2 years ago.

·
Premium Member
47,125 Posts
Might be best, I don't even know where my DVD player is, not used it for yonks, I took all the DVDs to the charity shop.

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,535 ·
I have one connected to the Mac and another that plays both DVD and VHS, the latter has not been used for ages, I just tried to turn it on and discovered it has been disconnected. There are so many wires and scart plugs in a big jumble behind the satellite receiver and amplifier I will need to get someone to sort them out, I think they have been like that since I had the new amplifier 2 years ago.

·
Premium Member
47,125 Posts
Just find any disconnected ones and tease them out, I used to use a white marker to number them when I had a lot, I forgot I have a 5 mtr HDMI lead on the floor behind the TV so I could in theory watch DVDs from the old laptop.

·
Premium Member
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,537 ·
There are only 2 HDMI socket on the TV so that will be why it´s not working, 1 is for TV and 2 is for the firestick. I will be able to watch it comfortably on the 27" Mac so no problem.

·
Premium Member
47,125 Posts
I wonder if this remake will be any good.

But I think this is the best Wednesday Addams anyway.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
We finished watching the second series of Top Boy last night. Cracking series again.

Reactions: JanHank
2521 - 2540 of 2616 Posts