Motorhome Facts Forum banner
2741 - 2760 of 2797 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
We watched a film on Netflix the other day - Felon.

Very hard hitting and graphic, about a family man who ends up in prison after defending his property against a burglar.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,742 ·
We are watching films each night while they are here, as for series we have different tastes.
Last night we watched My Policeman on Prime, very good.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,743 ·
We started on the latest series of The Crown tonight, the actor playing Prince Charles is a disappointment, he neither looks sounds or behaves like him. Diana‘s part is sometimes difficult to believe it is not her. The Queen, why do they keep swapping the actresses and Margaret is nothing like her either.

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
I guess they swap actresses as the Queen got older so a more mature actress was needed?

We watched a film on Netflix yesterday afternoon called The Last Legion. It's set at the fall of the Roman Empire and centres around the search for a sword. Good cast and well worth a couple of hours escapism.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,746 ·
3 1/2 Hours unfortunately neither audio or subtitled in English.

About a train journey between Berlin & Munich at the very moment in time the Berlin Wall started to be built, the people on the train had to make a decision whether to stay on the train or get off in Munich. Watching this film has persuaded H & J they may like a series now on Netflix that Hans and I watched together on German TV , but again no English translation and that’s a real shame because it is about the DDR times and I don’t think there’s been many if any films in English about those times when half of Germany including where I am living, we’re prisoners in their own country and the way those who tried to rebel were treated. The series is called Weißensee and has 5 series.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,747 ·
Seems as if I’m the only one watching anything just lately.
Killers Elite with Clive Owen, Robert De Niro and Jason Stratham. More fisty cuffs and car chases to make me laugh 😂 Jolly good film.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Yes Jan, our subscription don't start till next month. Plus too busy watching 'live' TV.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,749 ·
Does anyone else remember Chancer from 1990, staring Clive Owen and Lesley Phillips, that was the first time I remember seeing Clive Owen, it was a good series.

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Seems as if I’m the only one watching anything just lately.
Killers Elite with Clive Owen, Robert De Niro and Jason Stratham. More fisty cuffs and car chases to make me laugh 😂 Jolly good film.
We watched that film on Monday night as it goes. Yes I agree - a good couple of hours escapism.

Aside from that we are still on:-

Lost in Space - Netflix - part way into the last series

2 Pints of lager and a packet of crisps - iPlayer - again in the 3rd series

Ralph and Katie - iPlayer - 3 episodes in I think

Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - Amazon Prime - it's good! Around 4 episodes in.

We'll probably only start something new when one of these series finishes for us.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,225 Posts
Good stuff apart from the last one.

I only watch Netflx in bed usually, the lounge LG Smart TV has a dedicated Netflix and Prime button but we mainly watch Virgin recorded stuff on that.

Netflix has always been perfect on my tablet, phone or TV, but I bought a Chromebook recently for the larger screen and more storage, but it is struggling with Netflix, it plays fine, but it forgets how far into a movie I've got, I've tried just pausing it, but the Chrombook shuts down and it loses it.

Anyone else with the same issues?

·
Premium Member
29,370 Posts
Bit disappointed with my latest offerings. I got through Game of Thrones prequel "The house of the Dragons" but thought most of it was dreary and not nearly as good as Thrones. No real characters I loved like in GOT.

Watched one episode of The rings of power. Boring but will try another.

Yellowstone, two episodes and so far a bit "meh".

Still watching mini series "The English" on iplayer, one episode to go. A bit weird in places and hard to follow but ok.

Thats about it.

·
Premium Member
44,225 Posts
Watched the first The English yesterday, I like Miss blunt, Liz doesn't like cowboys, I think it might be good.

I watched something about Yellowstone the other night, it seems it might be the death of the planet as there is a super volcano in there which is due to blow anytime and the dust cloud will kill us off.

• Wow
Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
We watched a film on Netflix yesterday called The Wonder. It's based in rural Ireland in the 1860's and quite enthralling. Good cast too.

·
Premium Member
29,370 Posts
Watched the first The English yesterday, I like Miss blunt, Liz doesn't like cowboys, I think it might be good.

I watched something about Yellowstone the other night, it seems it might be the death of the planet as there is a super volcano in there which is due to blow anytime and the dust cloud will kill us off.
I finished the English last night Kev. Found it hard to follow and the ending was "Disappointing" without giving too much away. I cant say I enjoyed it in the end which is a shame as the acting is good and there are some good characters. Just too weird in places and too much like hard work to follow.

·
Premium Member
44,225 Posts
I'll keep with it until I think it's no good.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,757 ·
Who's watched 50 Shades Darker we watched (abut 20 mins) and just like 50 shades of Grey, absolute rubbish. We watched Enola Holmes I thought it rubbish but my two thought it was good :giggle:

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Quite enjoyed Enola Holmes,mainly because of the excellent Millie Bobby Brown from Stranger Things.

Of course, I enjoy anything about the family.........but they could get someone better looking to play the part of Sherlock:alien:

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,759 ·
Tried The Wonder the only way we could finish it was by wizzing through it.
Tried another one 1899 gave up.
Spencer confidential was a hit even though I had seen it before, I’d already forgotten most of it 😕

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,760 ·
Stateless based on a true story in an Australian detention centre. Part one you have to endure to get the main characters story.
The chap who plays the part of Prince Charles is in it

2741 - 2760 of 2797 Posts