Motorhome Facts Forum banner
41 - 60 of 138 Posts

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
Mrs Biggs is pretty good. The story of Ronnie and his wife. Not very sweary or violent.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
I found it yesterday thanks Barry, a new series it said, but all the series are there. Perhaps start it later, busy with a German course at the moment, it´s getting on my nerves talking about birds, beetles, ducks, bears, apples, bananas and orange, :frown2: but I suppose it´s all relevant.
I thought that all German courses started with where the railway station is?

Reactions: patp

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
Try The Post.

Reactions: patp

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
Same thing happens with film titles in Spanish. Somebody will be recommending this or that film, I'll say I haven't seen it, they'll say it's a great movie, was made years ago and is very famous, I must have seen it. It'll turn out to be The Sting or something equally famous, just renamed in a way that has no connection at all to the original name.

Reactions: JanHank

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
Have you seen Analyse This and The Family Jan? Both gangster comedies starring De Niro.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
The family for me is a series about religious beliefs and American politics, more of a documentary is that the one you meant Alan?
If Robert De Niro is in it that must be it Jan. If not it probably isn't.

When I type in Analyse this on Prime it gives me Reine Nervensache with Robert de Niro, Bill Macy and Billy Crystal. this is to rent or buy.
The cast sounds right.

You can find all the info about pretty much any telly or movie: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122933/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

There are very often several shows of the same name. And when names are changed for foreign markets the frequently bear no relation to the original name. We find that a lot when talking about movies to Spanish friends.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
I just suggest things I think you might enjoy. I have no way of knowing what you are expected to pay for Jan.

There aren't many things I'd pay for but the way I watch is not the same as the way you do.

Being asked to pay per film seems silly to me when the films are old and have been on telly, as I assume two very old De Niro films must have been.

We have Amazon Prime too use it mainly for free deliveries. I find their selection of free movies very poor. I think they only give you a few free to get you through the door in the hope that you'll pay for pretty much anything that's particularly good.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
If you want to do that I'm told you'd need look for Torrent Clients, which Bill calls interpreters. Here are a few. https://www.techradar.com/best/torrent-client

The best advice says you should never look for torrent files on sites like The Pirate Bay (or one of it's many functional mirror sites which can be found by googling The Pirate Bay mirrors) or Lime torrents or any of the other torrenting sites unless you are using a VPN.

Not that I'd even even consider doing anything of this sort but I understand that if you do you really must use a reliable VPN, as a minimum. People say that to be sure you might consider using BT Guard torrent guard along with the VPN. All of that could cost a little but those people say it might keep you safe from charges of piracy or whatever.

Allegedly. I have no idea obviously. But some on here say that most things can be found without doing any of that. Again I wouldn't know, obviously.

Reactions: barryd

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
I wasn't suggesting that anyone should torrent Jan. God forbid. It's not legal, or so I hear.

I wouldn't know anything about, other than what I've read.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
A Virtual Private Network. It changes your IP address. Internet Protocol address.

Simply put it doesn't show that you are you and makes you seem to be hundreds or even thousands of miles away from where you actually are so that if anyone thinks you should be paying to watch their TV programme or film it's pretty difficult to find you.

Currently I use Nord VPN but I don't rate it very highly. People will recommend others.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
Live TV is finished Ray.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
Look for The Paradise, Lark Rise to Candleford or The Village. They are old fashioned moral tales which I think you will like. Mr Selfridge ditto.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
Great movie.

Turing was hard done by.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
I'd guess anyone who knows about computers would know about Turing. Those around him knew he was homosexual long before he was prosecuted for it. It was a piece of official nastiness.

The story goes that the Apple logo is a reference to him. I understand it isn't true though.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
Try The Bletchley Circle then. It's about a group of women who'd been code breakers finding themselves bored after the war and taking up crime solving.

Reactions: raynipper

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
Anyone remember "The Wire" series.?
It was long and gripping many years ago about drug dealers in Baltimore. But the fear and emotion was brilliantly portrayed.

Haven't seen any re runs lately.

Ray.
It took me several episodes to understand the accents Ray. It was a great show, but I almost gave up on it.

Reactions: raynipper

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,672 Posts
If you likes Mr Selfridge you'll probably like The Paradise too Jan.

Have you seen North Square, Silk, Endeavour, George Gently?

41 - 60 of 138 Posts