Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Netflix

132K views 4K replies 42 participants last post by  JanHank 
#1 ·
Not everyone is reading my home thread, more people might be interested in Netflix though.
I downloaded it on Monday and have been watching more of "Anne with an E" free of charge :grin2: (I was watching it at Heike´s). If I want to carry on with Netflix then after 30 days I start to pay 7.99€ a month.
"Anne with an e " is "Anne of Green Gables" . in case you didn´t know and I am thoroughly enjoying it, better than all the blood and guts and fantasy stuff Netflix has.
I have never read the book and didn´t realise it all happens in Canada, but I bet there aren´t many who have never heard of the classic.
There are 3 prices for Netflix in this country, maybe the same everywhere I don´t know.

Attachments

See less See more
#95 ·
Sneaky Pete.

The Wire, once you get the accents it's very good. Mad Men. Good Girls Revolt.

The Good Wife and The Good fight, a bit light weight perhaps but entertaining enough. In the same vein The Murdoch Mysteries, NCIS, both have maybe 14 or 15 seasons and are entertaining enough.

#101 ·
Californication is another favourite. Hank Moody is my role model. Thats quite funny Jan (actually its really funny) but its good drama as well. Its basically about a philandering drunken writer. I think there are seven seasons of that.

Just finished watching "Succession" which was hard work but enjoyable in a masochistic kind of way. Only two seasons so far and its all about a media mogul family (maybe a bit like the Murdochs), some of the richest people in the world but all of them are disgusting people so there is basically nobody to like. I got into it though and season 2 was better than the first.

#102 ·
Seems like we have a bunch of couch potatoes on the forum now. We are far too busy doing 'stuff'.

Ray.

Reactions: patp
#105 ·
Oh, is that right.

Couch potato my arse. A few hours on a winter's evening?
Sounds like a lot of binge viewing Alan.

Ray.

#104 ·
I use it on Lizs sons membership, if Heike has friends and family you may be able to share for freepence.

#106 ·
When one is alone on dark nights what can one do, :mad:

Anywayup I do all my stuff in the morning after walking Motley for 45 mins.Look at my other thread and I´ll tell you about the stuff I have been doing this morning, and it aint feeding me face with a dozen widowers.

#107 ·
Tsk, tsk, tsk. There are times I crave to be alone and take the remote as well. Grrrrr.
Because Win7 is now a liability all those widows now are clamouring asking what are they going to do now despite me warning them of the impending doom for months. Gimmee strength.

I rarely get time to view the few recordings made through the week. Even though the TV is 'on' from midday to 23.30.

Ray.

Reactions: patp
#109 ·
We don't 'watch' it Baz but it's always on as hid says it's company while she is out gardening and cooking. Also there are lots of gardening and cooking programs.!

Ray.

#131 ·
More Netflix Mail list.

Rise of Empire Ottoman

Messiah

Sex Education AGAIN
Grace & Frankie AGAIN.
I love Grace & Frankie, not bad for a couple of old birds.

#111 ·
I'm with you, Ray, though I can see your point, too, Jan. We are very busy during the day but I do like to get everything done and have my tea on the table by 6pm. That means the tv is only on from about 7pm to 10pm when I retire to my bedchamber :) I can usually find something on live tv or that I have recorded to keep me amused. It was a challenge before we came away though! What a load of rubbish once Strictly finished :(

#115 ·
:grin2::grin2: Not quite Alan.

It´s now 6.20 pm, I am going to eat a cheese sandwich with tomatoes, sit on the sofa with Motley and watch more of Bosch. It´s dark, I've done enough for one day, so what else can I do other than watch something that will take my mind off everything else.

#116 ·
Daughter took me to see it filmed. It was quite an eye opener and very nearly ruined my enjoyment of it :( Thankfully the old memory has faded and I am back to enjoying it again.

When we were shown to our seats, those in the front row had their footwear inspected. If it failed inspection they were asked to swap places with people who had more suitable footwear. There was nearly a riot! I save the day by passing my smart heels down to a lady who had queued outside for hours and hours to get a front row seat in her boots! I can only assume that a glimpse of a comfy boot was not the image the director wanted.

#117 ·
I am currently downloading the first episodes of Bosch, Sneaky Pete and Anne with an E (Michelle might like that one).

I spent about an hour looking for new stuff I havent seen, preferably completed and long running but couldnt find anything that I havent seen that sounded up my alley.