Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Netflix

132K views 4K replies 42 participants last post by  JanHank 
#1 ·
Not everyone is reading my home thread, more people might be interested in Netflix though.
I downloaded it on Monday and have been watching more of "Anne with an E" free of charge :grin2: (I was watching it at Heike´s). If I want to carry on with Netflix then after 30 days I start to pay 7.99€ a month.
"Anne with an e " is "Anne of Green Gables" . in case you didn´t know and I am thoroughly enjoying it, better than all the blood and guts and fantasy stuff Netflix has.
I have never read the book and didn´t realise it all happens in Canada, but I bet there aren´t many who have never heard of the classic.
There are 3 prices for Netflix in this country, maybe the same everywhere I don´t know.

Attachments

See less See more
#2,064 ·
Great series, watched it a couple of years ago, just watched "the cleaner" series where he's a forensic cleaner

Reactions: GMJ
#2,065 ·
What a giant that guy is, 6´ 8" tall.

I think I should give Netflix a rest, Im finding everything so silly, stupid or just plain annoying.
Perhaps it´s time to get back to reading again and using my imagination.

Nonono, not those sort of books, maybe a/an Historical novel or even a Jack Reacher, I haven´t read all of them I´m sure.

#2,066 ·
The Harry Potter books I found were quite good, better if you've seen the film series, but you need to put them in the right order obviously.

I watched American Assassin last night good film but a bit gory.

#2,068 ·
Jan, love, I am but a simple man, and as such I would never dream of trying to figure out what any woman might like to watch or read, and after your claim to know of an "alternative sex" it would be unwise, but I did watch the films, and I did read the books and I found them to be both well written and well performed, and I am certainly not a lover of fantasy, but there are exceptions to any rule.

#2,070 ·
We have had a few problems accessing some things on Netflix. You put in the title in 'search' and it lists the film but then unable to actually find and see it.
We half watched another film last week and when we tried to continue with it again it's not available.

Ray.

#2,073 ·
We watched three seasons worth and just finished. The detective has issues stemming from his childhood that gradually come out. The sexual bit in season one does not show up later, but his sense of guilt and personal mental issues is a running theme. Which makes the show just that much more intriguing.

The sex is season one with the part time prostitute is a bit hard to watch, it seems about him needing to punish himself.

#2,077 ·
Maybe if it was a different actor playing the detective I could warm to it, but unfortunately Bill Pullman gives me the creeps, I kept thinking he was going to do something awful. He has a strange way of making his eyes almost disappeared.

#2,078 · (Edited)
I’ve decided to watch a film, I may not last the course, but the main actor reminds me very much of the chap who is in
`The room next door’ Michael Spicer, but this chap comes from New Zealand Jemaine Clement.

Attachments

#2,080 ·
If you want to get really peed off and exasperated try watching all the way through Beckett on Netflix.
What a waste of the planets resources.

Ray.

#2,081 ·
We watched a film on Netflix yesterday afternoon The Coldest Game. A good film set around the Cuba missile crisis - funny in parts but also quite tense. I'd recommend it (it has Bill Pullman in it
)

#2,082 ·
We started watching a new series to us the other night Top Boy.

The first episode was quite hard going due to its use of Jamaican patois and street talk, but the second episode was easier to watch. We'll stick with it I think.

#2,084 ·
Thats one thing I am very happy about Netflix is most films and series have subtitles. Unlike watching live TV via the Roku I can't see any way of getting the subtitles.
Peaky Blinder last night was virtually impossible for me to follow.

Ray.