Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
What internet browser does everyone use? I am running Internet Explorer 6.

Never even considered using anything else, Dave got me to try Firefox the other day to see if it would cure a problem we are having. Thought that looked ok.
Are most people on IE6 and what are the benefits of being on a different browser?

·
Premium Member
7,022 Posts
I use Firefox 1.04 to access this site but IE6 for everything else. Most sites are
designed to run on IE, over 90 percent of PCs use it. I like the TAB facility of Firefox to quickly move around this site. If I encounter any problems useful to be able to I check it out on another browser.

peedee

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
The problem of using IE is that it is supposed to be less secure than other browsers, more susceptible to hackers etc. To run I think it also uses more of your machine's capacity. Probably not an issue with many people on a desktop computer.

It is a victim of its own success. As it is the most used browser, there are more people out there trying to produce nasties for it.

I use IE6 and a firewall and always keep it up to date with patches by regularly visiting the Microsoft website.
I haven't tried Firefox but have tried a couple of the others but returned to IE each time.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
8O I use the pathetic AOL 9.0. It's a good job it is broadband because it takes so long to load and is always going to sleep if I leave it for any length of time. If I want to connect quickly just to check emails and ebay I use IE 6.0, but stick to AOL for the moment because of the McAfee firewall which is free with AOL and pretty good. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.