Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just a quick product review for the Kathrein system. I have just had a Kathrein Cap 900 satellite dish and receiver installed by Mark @ Central Leisure. The system was supplied by Roadpro.

So far, I really like it. The satellite dish is connected to a receiver that can lock on to humpteen different satellites, in various languages, plus of course ASTRA2D. I think there are about 1800 channels available and some are in Italian which is a real boost to my on going self-teaching of the language. I have also connected a SKY box.

From my research, the Kathrein has one of the largest footprints in Europe and so reception reports will be provided from Tuscany and so on in due course - plus of course Lake Garda.

Russell

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kathrein

Hi

I have downloaded the English instructions from the Kathrein website. I seem to be doing ok for now.

I have found a couple of Italian channels but am looking for more.

Russell

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi

I've had my Kathrein 900 for just over a year now - it is a brilliant system.

I have no regrets thus far - it has never failed and the built in GPS ensures swift "lock-on" to the available channels.

The "foot print" is impressive - it should be, the Kathrein is a based on a "semi-pro" system.

David

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Re: Kathrein

Rapide561 said:
Hi

I have downloaded the English instructions from the Kathrein website. I seem to be doing ok for now.

I have found a couple of Italian channels but am looking for more.

Russell
Hi russell
If you are wanting Italian Channels there are many on Hotbird and also some on Astra 1, If you look for Sky Italia all the open channels are in Italian (Naturally).

:roll:

If you want to know all Sats and frequencies use this site :- http://www.lyngsat.com/

·
Vendor
2,360 Posts
It is the one that I use and think that there is no satellite system available that can touch it.

The combination of the fantastic bulid quality, the single box receiver/controller and the GPS function guarantees excellent reception every single time

Eddie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.