Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning our hot water system has broken down, cant get a plumber for weeks, next best thing is to sit in bed with laptop and surf the net, guess what!!!!! we have found this great site. Hello there you happy people. We have only being doing it ! Camping that is for 7 months, we have a Compass Calypso 2001, just big enough for us both. We are planning to go during the mad TT fortnight down to Portugal/Spanish border Correct me if I am wrong but there are not many motor homes sites down there. I have surfed the net but can only find two on the Spanish side. Any one got any ideas wheree to go from here. Have a great day

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
hi justice.

Not really sure what you are asking.

Do you mean suggestions to go elsewhere?
Are you asking where to stay on Portugal/Spanish border (it's a long border!)?
When you say motorhome sites do you mean campsites or were you meaning local aires of the type very prevalent in France and where you can overnight lawfully? As far as I know they are not available in Spain but aires de service type units are found on campsites.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello there, we looking for a caravan site that will accept motor homes to be precice on the Spanish/Portugese border region either on the coast or in a bit in . The East coast of Spain is well served with sites but not the west side. Have you been there, we want to go there because we have been told it is nice & green and not as hot as the East. Thanks N & N

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
For Spanish campsites try:
www.francecamping.com
click-> geographique
click-> on map of Spain
click-> on the area you want to find a campsite

The information is in French but pretty standard; permanent = open all year but I don't know where it says No motorhomes so assume it does if it says nothing to the contrary.

For another website try:
www.vayacamping.net/en/

Here again you can work your way into a region. If necessary email a site or two.

HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.