Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone considering buying a new Mercedes Motorhome beware of 2010 Model year changes.

Not yet widely advertised here but in Germany it is.

Euro V Engines now available

For example, the V6 Known as 218/318/418/518 changes to

219/319/419/519

Slight power increase and more Torque.

If you are looking at ordering a continental or UK Converted van, consider checking with your dealer.

Trev.

Click Here

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wary

Well, you would'nt want to be placing and order for a Mercedes Motorhome and paying around the same sort of money for a Thirstier Euro IV model now would you?. Especially when there is a New Euro V ready.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Why should we be wary-anything will be better than a Fiat!!
Can't be any better than mine. 2006 base 2.8 JTD. Been absolutely faultless in all regards & not affected by Judder/Scuttlegate.

Can't say the same for the dealers though. I'd buy another one tomorrow if I had to. Doing 5K miles per year what's the point of buying a Merc ? I don't give two hoots what badge is on the front. I've still got the ten grand in my pocket I saved by not having a three pointed star on the bonnet.

I can't stop laughing :D

D

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
davesport said:
Why should we be wary-anything will be better than a Fiat!!
Can't be any better than mine. 2006 base 2.8 JTD. Been absolutely faultless in all regards & not affected by Judder/Scuttlegate.

Can't say the same for the dealers though. I'd buy another one tomorrow if I had to. Doing 5K miles per year what's the point of buying a Merc ? I don't give two hoots what badge is on the front. I've still got the ten grand in my pocket I saved by not having a three pointed star on the bonnet.

I can't stop laughing :D

D
I was very partial to my 2.8JTD and with a Van Aarken box it was greased lightening. The new engine I have is better in as much as it does a better job as a 2.3 and is quieter. I expect had I perhaps had forked out for sound deadening stuff the 2.8JTD may well have been the better option.

But I don't get much judder as I rarely go backwards. I am a forward looking person. Other than that non event for me everything else is tickety boo and wow power just gives it the edge over the new Maclaren. :D

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank

Thanks for the Thanks Frank.

I was just doing some research and came accross the info the the Mercedes.de website and thought it may be an idea to warn prospective Merc buyers.

I am a fan of Certain Mercedes, in particular for rear wheel drive and the V6 (or old trusty 5 pots). I am not that Anti Fiat, just feel that given the many issues they have had and the way in which Fiat have handled the situation, given them a wide berth!. More important for us is the RWD over FWD

Trev.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,634 Posts
Remember the old Fiat, 2.8jtd's, not the best vans around but most of us have one and it's the hab area which gives the most probs, not the base vehicle, well Fiat brought out a new model, the X250, better in some respects, but in others, well, they're not too popular on some of these threads, and not just gearbox woes.

I'd love a merc based MH, the current Sprinter is brilliant to drive in van form, and even the lowly 311 carries a full load well, but I'd hang on till we see if the new Sprinter goes the way of other lesser marks before spending any dosh, not that I have any of course.

Kev :black:

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Re: Wary

teemyob said:
Well, you would'nt want to be placing and order for a Mercedes Motorhome and paying around the same sort of money for a Thirstier Euro IV model now would you?. Especially when there is a New Euro V ready.
What is the difference in mpg?

Will people please realise that pre X250 Fiats were fine my Hymer was on a '92 2.5td Ducato and would reverse on tickover.
2006 was the last year they made the better models.
Sometimes comments can confuse the issue.

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reverse

davesport said:
<tongue in cheek mode on>

More important for us is the RWD over FWD
FWD is RWD going in reverse for when the going gets tough :D

D out.
I tried to explain that to a Motorhomer stuck down a steep snow covered hill. He insisted on getting the local farmer to tow him out with a Tractor.

However, for me a Bit awkward reversing up a long Norwegian Mountain pass in the Depths of Winter. Hence RWD.

Trev

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.