Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Just before last Christmas 08 I decided to get a new number plate for the m/h as a joint christmas presie for erindoors and me.

Anyway to cut a long story short we ran out of time as we were buggering off to warmer climates for 3 month.

So last month I set the whole process in motion again by sending all the relevant bits to "Regregisters", and after about a month a new log book arrived but no tax disc or MOT.
As it is bank holl's I can not get in touch with anybody.

Question can I use the van without these bits and bobs, will DVLC have all these on system, as knowing my luck I would be zapped by a speed camera with number recognition, and to be quite frank I cant be arsed with the aggro.

Anybody out there been down this route and what happened with all the documentaion, did it all arrive or did you have to do the paper chase?.

Thanks Ray

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Ray, had similar probs 3 yrs age with a personalised no plate for a car. Docs were returned all together but MOT was still in the old reg no. Had to take it to a DVLA office to get them to stamp it 'reregisterd as ...'
so that I could tax it.
Sorry, can't help re the legality/advisability of driving without correct paperwork.
Regards
Kevin

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
If the number dealer was handling the whole transaction, they should have sent you the new tax disc and MoT certificate back to you by now. DVLA will send it back to the agent unless the agent specifies that the amended documents should go directly to the recipient of the new number.

I assume it's an existing number which you're transferring onto your van (as opposed to a new purchase of an unregistered number)?

Questions:-
a) Which number are you displaying on your van now?
b) Are you still displaying the old road tax disc?

It depends on the stage of the transfer, but if you had the V5 back a month ago amended with the new number, there is certainly a problem, and you should contact the dealer toute de suite. I'd suggest for safety's sake (legally speaking) that you don't display the new number until you receive the new tax disc & amended MoT. If you're stopped or zapped, the PNC record for the old number is linked to the new one, so it's quite visible to the person checking, that a cherished transfer has been done. If however you display the new number and for some reason there's a problem with the transfer, it may return a "No Trace" result, which may give you the aggro you don't want.

Dougie.

·
Premium Member
12,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
asprn said:
Questions:-
a) Which number are you displaying on your van now?
b) Are you still displaying the old road tax disc?

Dougie.
a) The old number.
b) The old road tax.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.