Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Glad the site is up and running, nearly had a heart attack! when I saw it had crashed :( But now its working again :D even though I'm a newbie again.
I'm Rita and have an Auto-Trail Cheyenne 660. I travel with judy (who has yet to re-register) and a Springer Spaniel called Jabulile 8 years old. She doesn't like to be left behind, so when we are packing the MH she is there at the door and quickly runs out and into the MH :lol: She knows we wouldn't leave her behind. :wink: She has spent the winter in Spain so can't be all bad for a dog :)
We live in Devon which is a lovely part of the country..........a bit more sunshine would be good, guess one can't have everything :wink: Judy and I went to the very first MH rally but sadly have been away for others. Still it will be lovely to meet more of you one day.

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Hi Rita & Judy!

Why not attend the Rally at Stoke prior this weekend? also, Carol is proposing another one at the Sporstman if enough people are interested.

We finally got around to having Dylan Dawg vaccinated against Rabies. He is due for his Blood Test in a week or so.
We should have done it ages ago, but I kept putting it off.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hi zulurita,Judy & Jabulile,

Great to see you back again,hope you had a lovely winter.

Everyone seems to be finding their way back in again.All newbie's again

X 4 Jabulile

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
Welcome back RSJ and hope to hear about your trips in the future with pix hopefully.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello again everyone :)
Yes we had a GREAT TIME in Spain, our first winter away. We didn't get as far as Gib and Portugal but then there is the next trip.............. :D Our Springer Spaniel Jabulile loved the sea, lakes, rivers etc........always brushing the sand out of the MH :)
We went to Villa Nova en route, didn't like the town much. Stopped at Peniscola for one night. Was going to stay at the German Aires there but when we arrived no MH about. So went back to the large car park below the old town. About 11 MH there for the night so we stayed too. Police patrolled but didn't move anyone on but notices put on windscreen in the morning to say it wasn't allowed. Guess as it was winter they didn't worry too much but no good for summer.
Spent 3 weeks at Camping Azahar at Benicassim where we had good weather, on the beach New Years day and BBQ (see Photo Gallery). The town is still very Spanish which we liked and plenty of Fiestas in January.
Then went to Banos de Fortuna, lovely thermal baths. We stayed at a Spanish site there which is basic but ok for us as all we needed was somewhere to park + elec. The other site nearby was all singing etc and expensive. Outside the Spanish site was a small sit thermal bath which the Germans loved to use first thing in the morning :) Fortuna itself is 3km away which we walked to. Lovely big market on Sat am.
From there we headed for Mojacar region and found a small English run site, just opened, run by Jeff at Turre, approx 6km from Mojacar. Peaceful, plenty of room, hot showers + elec for 10€. You can walk to Turre via the Rambla path in about 10mins, longer by road. The site has plenty of gravel for drainage which is good. We had a thunderstorm there but the water soon drained not like another site not too far away that were digging trenches!
Mojacar and Garrucha we liked, big market at Garrucha on Fridays.
We only meant to stay a couple of nights at Turre but stayed 2 weeks. From there we went to the inaugral rally of the MCC Spanish Rally Group. This mkeant going back on ourselves as it was near Bocairent/Alcoi. We had glorious weather and met lots of new people.
After that week-end we toured with another couple for a few days, stayed at a Geman Aires on D21near Calnegre, 3€ night and if you stay 3 nights or more you can also have elec for 1€ extra. Agua Amarga another good spot, we wild camped there right next to beach. Couple of places to eat and drink there and also a lovely retaurant (French) at Family Hotel. We went inland from there around Granada way and then to Cabopino between Fuengirolla and Marbella. We had some camping cheques so stayed at the campsite. Handy as the bus goes along the main road frequently. Very busy though in this area. We then made our way to La Manga for a C&CC rally for 2 weeks but found Cartagena problematic regarding theives on market day.......they are all around the bus station and the market. However we soon left the market area for this reason and found no problem in the old part of town. It was also better when we travelled there on a NON market day. From there we made our way towards the pyrennees and loved that area. Back in France we spent time in Arudy (private aires) Laruns (large car park with MH spaces) Gourette ski area (aire for MH) Lourdes (A private parking MH aires fenced) also public one with coaches but prefer the fenced one which was just a few yards up from the public one. Then went along west coast towards Roscoff. Staying at Capbreton, Mimizan Plage, Gastes (nice small aires) La Rochelle, La Roche Bernard (we used the vet here) then it was a 3 hr journey to Roscoff.
Well thats just a snippet.
Next trip is in 2 weeks to Auto-trails Italian Rally going early to take our time so about 6 weeks in all :D
Now let me see if I can put a photo in:

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
Thanks for that. A good an interesting read and I will take some notes for future ref. it's articles like this I find most helpful and most interesting. All we need now is some more pic preferably with sun in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.