Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Newbies looking for first MH

2828 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  dcummin
Hello to everyone :)

We are looking to purchase our very first MH and are just starting on the long journey of finding what would be right for us

I have to say from the start that we cannot afford a new MH and have been quite suprised how much a used MH holds onto it value :)

the main problem we have found when I have looked at a few specs of various 2nd hand 'vans that we have seen advertised is that a lot of the 4/5 berth vans have only 2 two passenger seats whereas we would need four seated including the driver ( we have two very young children a 2 1/2 yo & a 5 month old )

Our wish list is 1 x double bed and 2 x singles , toilet with seperate shower

Can anybody here point us in the right direction as to any makes\models we could be looking at ?

we have a budget of 20k tops

Thanks for reading

Dave
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Some of the vans in your budget may not have rear seat belts fitted.

Dave P

DTPCHEMICALS said:
Some of the vans in your budget may not have rear seat belts fitted.

Dave P
Yeah that's the problem
We recently traded in our Autotrail Scout (Merc). I would have fitted your requirements exactly. But I know its already sold. It was 1997 with 26K non the clock, barely run in for a Merc. Our new van is another Merc.

Autotrail also sold the Scout on the Fiat chassis, same layout including two rear forward facing belted seats anr two dinettes so the rear remained a permanent double bed.
Take a look at the Kon-tiki. I had a 1989 with 4 seat belts,which was a 6 berth,so i`m sure a younger one ,say a 96 maybe within your budget.

Good luck
We imported from Germany and saved over £5K. It is LHD but that doesn't bother us as any long breaks are on mainland europe anyway.

Check out Mobile.de which has thousands of vehicles to suit all requirments and pockets. Your bound to find something on there, as long as you don't mind importing.

CaptainMP
Thunderburp said:
Hello to everyone :)

We are looking to purchase our very first MH and are just starting on the long journey of finding what would be right for us

I have to say from the start that we cannot afford a new MH and have been quite suprised how much a used MH holds onto it value :)
the main problem we have found when I have looked at a few specs of various 2nd hand 'vans that we have seen advertised is that a lot of the 4/5 berth vans have only 2 two passenger seats whereas we would need four seated including the driver ( we have two very young children a 2 1/2 yo & a 5 month old )
Our wish list is 1 x double bed and 2 x singles , toilet with seperate shower
Can anybody here point us in the right direction as to any makes\models we could be looking at ?
we have a budget of 20k tops
Thanks for reading
Dave
Hi Dave,

PM on its way, I might have something suitable and well within you budget.

Peter
The CI 656 is also a great lay out for what you need with bunks and seat belts for 6.

Also starts at a good price so you should be able to get something in your price range easily. A few on Fleabay to give you an idea.

Mandy
Looking at this thread, I see that everyone has given you some very helpful suggestions, however, no one seems to have said welcome to the MHF site, so welcome to you and I hope your search will be fruitful.
mandyandandy said:
The CI 656 is also a great lay out for what you need with bunks and seat belts for 6.

Also starts at a good price so you should be able to get something in your price range easily. A few on Fleabay to give you an idea.

Mandy
Have to 2nd the Carioca 656 - was a perfect choice for my family - couldn't be happier with it. - 20k will should get you a 3-6 yr old example if you hunt around
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.