Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
729 Posts
Hi, just an update, make sure your normal insurance extends the same level of cover you have in the UK to the countries you are traveling to, as if you are unlucky enough to have a Road Traffic Accident you will find that your breakdown cover generally will not recover your vehicle. While the company may do the actual work they normally want to recover their costs from your insurance, and if your insurance only provides the minimum cover while you are outside of the UK you could find yourselves picking up the costs.

Also most of the breakdown warrantees that come with new vehicles do not cover Road Traffic Accidents.

Double check your insurance and get a Green Card if Necessary ?

Read the small print in your breakdown insurance "Accident" is not in there opinion the same as a road traffic Accident

Double Check that the breakdown insurance covers your size of vehicle ?

Hope this helps

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.