Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we are left without our old posts can we start another for Newbury as the show is so soon - I can't remember who is going and who isn't!
We hope to arrive sometime on Friday afternoon and will have our MHF stickers and will be on the lookout for anyone from the forum! Ana and Paul xx

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Hi Gypsy

Yes - it's all getting a bit confusing isn't it? First the site goes down big-time, so I post onto the temporary site, several members reply then this new site pops up and the posts are lost again!!!

Anyway, looking at the temporary site, those who indicated they were likely to visit were: Gypsy Rose, Sonesta, motorhomer and LadyJ894. I also seem to recall from the old site replies that Webwobin, Ingram, Elbino and Pusser said they might come along. There were others too I'm sure but I can't remember the names. If anyone else is coming, please post here.

We will be going to Newbury on the Friday afternoon or early evening. We have a LHD Ahorn 611 coachbuilt reg: Y166 LRX, should be fairly distinctive I think! We will be camping in the general area and staying until Sunday (unless we run out of things to do or money to spend).

It might be a good idea if those members who arrive first could try to claim an area so we could camp together, but probably not practical - does anyone know the site layout from previous years?

Another problem that I seem to have is that I intended to download a nice big logo from the site to print out and use as identification but no files available now!!! Has anyone got a copy of the logo file that they could either post up or Email to me?

Gaspode
(Ken & Jen)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Will be going for the day on Saturday with friends. Will keep a look out for logo's. Have a do to go to Saturday night so cannot stay. If anyone needs the flag with logos on can email if required. Just got mine prior to site going down and they look really swish on both luton windows. If anyone has the handout would like a copy of that please.

Ian

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:oops: Apart from stickers on our motorhome - I have the hugest pin-on sticker that I try to wear around the show (can't work out anything smaller yet!!) ... hope to see lots of you there ..Ana xxx :roll:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
:D Hi all.

Glad the site is back up and running. We shall be arriving late friday afternoon, and staying until sunday. Shall be having an awning fitted at midday saturday. Have never been to this show and have not booked in so i suppose there is a general area to camp in. This will be our second time out as motorhomers, and hope it goes as well as our trip to Peterborough did. We have a Burstner 748-2 have a motorhome sticker just above the tax disc, and with any luck a teensven logo in the windscreen. Cant see a spell check anywhere?

steve & ann---teensvan.

·
Premium Member
8,673 Posts
Newbury Show

Hi Gaspode

It will be nigh on impossible to arrange a meet up at Newbury unless you have a place time and day to meet. When we did the Shepton meet all memebers had my mobile number and they either phoned or texted me when they arrived. and I then told them where and when to meet
The layout at Newbury is all over the place with several generall areas (well it has been the last 2 years) There will be a few thousand vans there and looking for little stickers in windows is useless and most people have them covered up with blinds anyway :lol:

If you need any help let me know

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Hi LadyJ

Thanks for the offer of help, looks as if we may need to lean on your experience here!
Do you have any suggestions as to the easiest place/times to meet on this site? I'm quite prepared to hand out my mobile number but would prefer to distribute by PM rather than direct posting. If those of you who are going would like to PM me (include your mobile number if you wish), I will make out a list of attendees with mobile numbers where known, and PM a copy back to everyone.

We still need a copy of the logo file, I note that Brucer says one is posted but where is it? am I missing the obvious?

Gaspode
(Ken & Jen)

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Hi again everyone

This is just to remind you that Newbury is this weekend!
I have tried to PM everyone who indicated they might be going, if I have missed you I apologise, just PM me or post here for details. Unfortunately due to the site going down I have lost track of names and a couple of original posters don't seem to have re-registered yet. (must be away enjoying themselves *****).

Gaspode

·
Premium Member
8,673 Posts
Newbury Show

Hi Gaspode

Look forward to seeing you there.

Gypsy Rose Ana

we seem to have the same logo did try uploading another one but it wouldnt let me still we both have yorkies maybe get to see yours this time at Newbury.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Joanne and I will probably go on Saturday - taking car as no MH at present - will be having a good poke round to see if I can decide which to buy. Look out for tall slim guy with a "Geordie Pocket Pixie" in tow!

Kevin

·
Registered
11,086 Posts
Hey Kevin, does your pocket pixie look here, if so, I'll look out for a tall slim guy with a black eye then :lol: :lol:

We'll be there on Sat only, we'll be parked in the day visitor park, unable to stay, not sure if that’s lucky or unlucky for you lot :lol:

MHS...Rob :D

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I saw my name mentioned earlier, so yes I'll be there ... I won some tickets on the 'UKcampsite' website so I should be camping on their pitch but we have some friends on the Renault Master pitch so may be there...... we were going to be day visitors, 'cos we live fairly near, until I won the tickets .... be there Friday pm to Saturday pm.
Have to be in Portsmouth / Southsea on Sunday driving vintage buses ....

H ( ingram )

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Hello again

I sent a PM to everyone who said they might attend including a phone number to facilitate any contact but I'm not sure they have all got through. I have now sent another one so if you haven't got that one and want the phone number, please PM me ASAP.

Hope to see you there
Gaspode
(Ken & Jen)

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
gaspode said:
Hello again

I sent a PM to everyone who said they might attend including a phone number to facilitate any contact but I'm not sure they have all got through. I have now sent another one so if you haven't got that one and want the phone number, please PM me ASAP.

Hope to see you there
Gaspode
(Ken & Jen)
We didnt get a PM

Motorhomer

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Hi Motorhomer

There seems to be something of a glitch in the PMs. None of the ones I sent out yesterday seem to have been received but the ones I have sent today seem to be gradually moving from my "outbox" to my "sentbox". Yours seems to have moved across in the last hour or so - I presume this means you have got it now? I don't want to post phone numbers direct on the site but if anyone is having problems collecting the number you can mail me on:
[email protected]

Gaspode

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.