Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was mentioned that this was the case on another thread & that the law came under the same requirement as the need to carry triangles, yellow jackets etc etc.

I'm not so sure about that and I've googled and wilkypeedia till the cows come home but can't find the definitive answer (with relevant legislation)

So-does anyone know for definite?

Like many others I don't carry a spare and have been "puncturesealed".

Don't want a discussion on merits of Punctureseal v others v Spare-just an answer to the "legality" question if poss please

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for info & suggestions...I'll ring round- (may have to be tomorrow now :roll: )

....unless anyone else knows in the interim :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
My Rapido didn't have a spare - we purchased one - I know we bought in Germany but they weren't going to provide one anyway.

Carol

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
When I was international trucking, you either had to have a spare wheel or some kind of recovery/tyre service/fitting agreement. (service contract)
Breakdown cover will suffice.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Grath said:
When I was international trucking, you either had to have a spare wheel or some kind of recovery/tyre service/fitting agreement. (service contract)
Breakdown cover will suffice.
Unsure about France but in Spain we had to have a spare for the unit and one for the trailer. Don't remember any regs for France but we always ran equipped for Spain anyway. :?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.