Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been asked by HTMBO to seek advice from all of you.......

She wants to know what you, or the MIP for you, uses to clean the MH windows, she knows what NOT to use, but wishes to know what SHOULD be used ?

Obviously, she will be doing the job (her that asks ought to do), although I have just a sneaking suspicion that it MIGHT get added to my toilet roll of THINGS TO DO.

So, suggestions please (no, it's the servant's day off) would be appreciated,

Over to you....

PS We have had the MH for 16 years, it's just that she realised it was sunny outside and we still had the lights on inside... 馃槷

Premium Member
Don't bother Dave it will only get dirty again. Quick wipe with a damp cloth and feel you have achieved something.

Ray.

Reactions: Penquin

Premium Member
Or, mist spray with water then wipe GENTLY with a very soft cloth. Don鈥檛 rub, just wipe gently.

Oh, and do it gently - a light stroking motion, not rubbing, not back and forth, just gentle stroking.

That works for ours when Mrs O does it . . .

Regards,
John

Premium Member
I use a vinegar and water solution and microfibres cloth

If the solution is warm/ hot it works faster, but a spray bottle is fine with a cold solution

Use it same solution for all mirrors windows etc In the house

Sandra

Premium Member
I鈥檝e had to try to remedy many people鈥檚 strange cleaning chemical disasters in my time. The simple answer is just plain water - but try to do it more often! 馃槀

Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
I use a soft hand brush and plain water before doing anything else Dave, then once dry a simple car polish, keep it simple, she'll be done quicker and back to make your lunch.

You know it makes sense.

Premium Member
There鈥檚 no magic to washing them. I use a standard car Rainx window cleaner which is supposed to help shed water. Also worth polishing the finer scratching out of them once a year with Fenwick scratch remover (I鈥檝e read Brasso works). I think it鈥檚 just a fine grade car polish so try that if you have some at home.

Premium Member
Or, mist spray with water then wipe GENTLY with a very soft cloth. Don't rub, just wipe gently.

Oh, and do it gently - a light stroking motion, not rubbing, not back and forth, just gentle stroking.

That works for ours when Mrs O does it . . .

Regards,
John
Are you talking about cleaning Windows John 馃槅coz that used to work for me as well. 馃槉

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.