Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have just bought a hymer blitz which needs full restoration and I no nothing about these beasts.
Can anyone tell me where I can get info to help?
I intend to weld and rebuild it up as it was from new if possible abd have no skills in any direction so heeeeeeeeeelp

·
Premium Member
28,579 Posts
Gosh John.
Guess we need far more info and pics to even start to offer any help.

Ray.
p.s. welcome and good luck.!

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
Oh Oh

·
Premium Member
10,945 Posts
Hi Johhno and welcome.

Can I ask: did you know that it needed a full restoration when you bought it? If so - and I'm not being funny here - why did you buy it if you have no skills as you say?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exterior lije this
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel

Window Vehicle Motor vehicle Truck Light commercial vehicle

Hi Johhno and welcome.

Can I ask: did you know that it needed a full restoration when you bought it? If so - and I'm not being funny here - why did you buy it if you have no skills as you say?
I knew it needed some work but found it needed a lot more when I had a good prod around but I will buy a welder and learn welding and learn upholstery work and I have 6 months before I will be using it .
I an to add power steering and servo brakes too so plenty to do and as I am retired plenty time to do it .
Hi Johhno and welcome.

I am retired and have plenty time to learn welding and upholstery skills and plan to add power steering and servo brakes .
It was a lot kworse once I prodded about after buying it than I expected but anythings possible.
As they said on fools and horses who dares wins Rodney!!

·
Premium Member
10,945 Posts
Fair enough Johhno, makes sense.

It'd make a really interesting thread to read about your progress. It'd be great if you started a new thread showing your progress (y)

Reactions: Webby1

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,965 Posts
I see from the Govt website that tho it was registered in '93 it was manufactured in '82 so the lady's a brave age - she's entitled to be a bit rough round the edges!

Good luck with what you do but I'd have it damp-checked before doing anything else.

·
Premium Member
36,417 Posts
Do you have skills as a mechanic John?

·
Premium Member
10,945 Posts
This sounds like its going to be interesting John. Please start a new thread when you start your work and update us if you have time (y) :)

·
Premium Member
36,417 Posts
I asked because adding power steering and a servo could be fun.

Reactions: GMJ
1 - 15 of 15 Posts