Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to find my thread from last year but cannot find it so I'll start off a thread of old cars that I spot on out current Europe/Croatia tour here...

Starting with :)

the odd DKW mulivan at the roadside...

and a 356 doing 70 backwards down the Autobahn :lol:

Theres a section in my blog with more pix in :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Anybody North Cheshire / Manchester way there is a promising looking Transport Festival at Lymm 23rd June. Parade of cars/m-cycles at 11.00 through village then show. Duke's (Bridgewater) canal runs through Lymm so should be a good turnout of barges etc. :)

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dolcefarniente said:
Anybody North Cheshire / Manchester way there is a promising looking Transport Festival at Lymm 23rd June. Parade of cars/m-cycles. :)
A few miles from home...

...normally but we will still be near Wolfsburg in Germany at a VW show ;) Predictably ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tissy said:
ttcharlie said:
Tissy said:
I reckon there are enough classic car/bike/motorhome owners to have our own show/meet
Tissy
Agree, but i would have to get one of mine running :cry:

How can both cars have problems with sticky twin carbs!!! :roll:
daft as it sounds you may be having these problems because you dont use them enough !!!
Sort of as the mini cooper is just finishing a rebuild, and the vw beach buggy has just had a new set of twin carbs put on it.

Unfortunately they don't get used enough!

·
Registered
430 Posts
1302 said:
I took this earlier as it a 'toad' for a motorhomer on our site :)
He puts it on a trailer but uses it during the day.

Now that's as cool as penguins p1ss ;) :lol:
hey hey

We use one of these as a toad in the uk, but is burgundy and cream

1963 Isetta, 300cc three wheels
sometimes we use the Isetta 600, 600cc and four wheels!!

pictures here

just bought a 1960 mini, [850cc and fourwheels]
it just fits on the smart trailer so might use that this summer

neill

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tissy said:
1302 said:
dolcefarniente said:
Anybody North Cheshire / Manchester way there is a promising looking Transport Festival at Lymm 23rd June. Parade of cars/m-cycles. :)
A few miles from home...

...normally but we will still be near Wolfsburg in Germany at a VW show ;) Predictably ;)
is the vw show for classics?
The German show is for 'oldtimers'

I am involved in a VW show in the UK at Tatton Park called VolksWagen NorthWest VWNW if you are interested in that...

www.vwnw.co.uk

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bubble63 said:
I just had a look at your site Neill - yo might know Ernie Wood - a pal of mine who is into Bubblecars amongst many other things ;)

ps - you need to remove that photo of Jimmy SAville with your missus.... :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
430 Posts
1302 said:
bubble63 said:
I just had a look at your site Neill - yo might know Ernie Wood - a pal of mine who is into Bubblecars amongst many other things ;)

ps - you need to remove that photo of Jimmy SAville with your missus.... :eek: :lol:
We had a party, invited him and he came, everybody loved him, then he went and died, then we found all this stuff out about him, funny old world
8O

might keep the photo as a reminder of a cracking day

but i know what you mean

:roll:

dont know erni wood, sorry

neill :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
1302 said:
Tissy said:
1302 said:
dolcefarniente said:
A few miles from home...

is the vw show for classics?
The German show is for 'oldtimers'

I am involved in a VW show in the UK at Tatton Park called VolksWagen NorthWest VWNW if you are interested in that...

www.vwnw.co.uk
it clashes with the one in Camarthen that i was going to but your show looks interesting and is closer

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tissy said:
1302 said:
it clashes with the one in Camarthen that i was going to but your show looks interesting and is closer
I would suggest that the Carmarthen show clashes with ours ;) With 1000 display cars and 200 traders and now 20+ years we are one of the, if not THE largest VW show in the UK ;)

Let me know if you fancy coming and I will sort out a VIP pass :)

Paul

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.