Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The testing appears to have gone very well. There were a few minor problems but these weren't related to the import itself.

Many thanks to those that volunteered and helped with the testing (you know who you are!). :wink:

We will be going ahead with this for real at 1pm today.

To avoid taking the site down we will point it at the test database while we do the import. Any posts during this time will be lost when we switch back to the real database. We shouldn't be running on the test database for more than a couple of hours and I'll reply to this post once everything is back up and running.

Regards...

Stuart

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apologies for the delay in switching back to the live website.
There was a slight hiccup but nothing major.

The old forum posts have now been imported. There may be a few errors or a few posts missing here and there but tracking down each one would take far too much time. The main thing is the content is there.

Everything looks ok from what I can tell but if anyone spots any major issues please let us know asap so we can roll back quickly.

Thanks again for your patience!

Stuart

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I hadn't noticed that before :(
I think it is all to do with the code in the "img" tags. Although not impossible I think the time/risk it would take to fix this wouldn't be worth it. It would involve writing a script to read every single post in the forums and adjust those codes as required but it would be prone to errors.... (not sure my heart could take it hitting the enter button on that one! lol).

Stuart

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Hi Stuart,

As I said no problem for me, as I have been redoing the img tags ETC, most of my posts that had pictures, now do, again.

Can't blame you for not wanting to alter anything now, must have been hard work getting all that back on, in the first place. :wink:

Excellent work by you and Dave to recover and input so much of the old site, and if members have to go through their posts to correct the picture issue, it's the least we can do to help.

MHS...Rob :D

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
MOTORHOMER said:
johnsandywhite said:
8O The only problem is for us Anonymous posters from the old site. :roll:
You should of heeded the post advising that you changed your new email address back to the original while the import took place.

Motorhomer
It's unfortunate that some of us had to go away on Holiday for a few days while this was happening. 8)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have a missed something? I can't find any of my previous posts or my album. I did notice that although I was using the same user ID my email wasn't the same as before so I've changed that back to before the crash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.