Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Fitting an Omnivent

I fitted a 3 speed 2 directional Omnivent to my VW. I used a heated putty knife to seperate the frame from the roof mastic.

I had to enlarge the hole to take the slightly bigger casings.

I ran a wire under the roof lining material to an ajacent power source.

On reflection, an air deflector type box underneath would have been an ideal extra, then one could direct the incoming air to the areas most needed.

Do Omnistor do such a device I wonder?

Texas

·
Registered
848 Posts
I saw a new Omnistor with temp control on ebay recently, It went for £70 ish, less than half of what you will have to pay through a dealership.

I think the temperature control one is the one to go for. IMHO.

As we always holiday in the Med area, I can vouch for - unfortunately mine is non-temp control model - it's effectiveness.

Texas

·
Registered
848 Posts
pippin said:
I am looking to replace the skylight over our bed (which is over the garage) with a fan ventilator type as the area gets warm and I dread to think what sleeping will be like in a hot summer down south.

Do you people use these things on suck or blow?

Do they let much light through?

I don't really want any light to get in so are there differences between makes in that regard?

Thanks.
In my opinion they do not let a lot of light through as the exterior lid is opaque and they also have a blind which can be used when the fan is dormant.

When we use it in hot climes we have it on sucking out, the reason being that the cooler air from under the van air is drawn in - via the drop holes and underfloor vents - and exits out through the fan taking the hot air with it.

I added a piece of shaped cardboard to act as a deflector to guide the cool air onto the bed area whan drawing in on an evening.

Hope this is of some use to you.

Unfortunately we have never used it in this country.

Texas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.