Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, we have just bought our first campervan. A snap decision from Ebay. She drives OK for her age (20 something). We are just about ready for our maiden voyage on tuesday, our only problem is we just can't decide where to go yet. We welcome any tips, advice and suggestions from you friendly bunch particularly on advanced driving LOL. And if anyone is going anywhere interesting within a 100 miles or so of Cleveleys this week and wants to meet up that would be great. Peter and Mandy

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
Congratulations - a good move. Can't recommend anywhere near there but wish you happy and safe journeys where ever you go.

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Hi Peter and Mandy

Welcome to Motorhome Facts, you'll find this a friendly place.

Where to go?
How about Fleetwood?
Always an interesting place when I lived there.
My grandad used to take me to watch the Isle of Man steamer berthing and departing.
And the fishing fleet sailing out on the tide past the pier.
The American soldiers were billeted in the pier and used to give us kids sweets.
Spent many a happy day on the Knott End side with friends after taking the ferry across the river. 3 pence return I think, 5 pence for adults.

Still, I suppose it has changed a little since I lived there. :(

·
Registered
11,086 Posts
Hi Tardis,

Welcome and as pusser said "good move"

Most will be away this weekend so replies may be scarce, can't help you with a place to go, often though, I find the best times we've had is to just pack up and go, then when you like the look of an area start looking for a site.

I'm not going away until Monday night, can't cope with all the crowds. :D

Good luck with your new hobby and enjoy.

MHS...Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys
We have decided to go to York from Tuesday until Thursday. We found a site in the camping and caravanning site book, very reasonable.
Hi autostratus- Fleetwood is about two minutes away and probably hasn't changed much since you were there. I think they stopped the ferrry though.
Hi Ray and Margaret we could be neighbours! We live up at Thornton Gate near to the Royal Hotel. We go into the Bay Horse in Thornton often and know Thornton quite well as we used to live there. Would love to chat but can't quite suss out this site. But I will look out for you online. I drive down the promenade to work every morning and there are always Motorhomes parked up. Lovely to wake up by the sea and see the sunset.

Mandy

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Welcome to MHF site. Enjoy your trip to York it will be fun finding out about your new motorhome.............you will get the 'Bug'............York is a lovely place.
We are also off on our travels tomorrow............Italy though.

Happy Motorhoming

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.