Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people can do what I do, look out at 5 am and see a young fox or three.
At times I see hundreds of Kranes and they can be extremely noisy, but the morning I took this there were only 4.
The Storks sometimes get so close to the tractors I think they'll get run over, they ever do.

I love watching the foxes, but there are a few people in the village who would like to give me a gun because when they are older they are very cunning, oh yes, and get into even what one would think are very safe chicken runs and do a lot of damage, while I was away my friend Horst lost a beautiful Cockerel in the middle of the day that he´d had for years, and because the fox had not quite killed it-- he had to.

watch

·
Premium Member
8,591 Posts
We rarely see foxes as there are a lot of chicken farms around here and they get shot. Lots of hare and deer though. Some rare birds have been reported too. I have seen oyster catchers locally and bee eaters have been seen in Norfolk. Buzzards are fairly common now and also the odd Red Kite.

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
Thanks for that Jan....we haven't forgotten you even if I don't post too much since the van was cashed in around the new year.....(Silly price time!)
Still love to see the storks nests whenever we cross the channel especially the tall poles that are installed specially for them.
We are surrounded by various breeds of deer...I think the rut is still nearly a 'Holy Day' in Germany.. Sadly far too many in the UK but cull is a banned word these days!

·
Premium Member
25,558 Posts
We have four storks nests within 2 miles of us and many more further away. It's always nice to see a new little head appear.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
17,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that Jan....we haven't forgotten you even if I don't post too much since the van was cashed in around the new year.....(Silly price time!)
Still love to see the storks nests whenever we cross the channel especially the tall poles that are installed specially for them.
We are surrounded by various breeds of deer...I think the rut is still nearly a 'Holy Day' in Germany.. Sadly far too many in the UK but cull is a banned word these days!
I was so please€ to see Frank Sinatras laughing face 😁 and that the reason for your absence had nothing to do with ill health.
The storks are dwindling fast around her3 as are Kranes and the birds of prey, so I get quite excited when I see one or two together.

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
Got to the stage where walking isn't too easy for the wife.

Car and caravan was out so instead of free aires and £10 nights etc we pay 10 times as much for self catering.
Booked everything for Keukenhof in the spring but covid and complications stopped it...been before and seen a few of the different flower parades over the years.....but will try again next year.
However we will have a couple of weeks in the Loire in August now we have had a few practices in England and Wales.
Hopefully the queues at the tunnel will be shorter by then!?!?

·
Premium Member
8,591 Posts
We get them in Norfolk too Jan :) I will try to find some examples as the new residents of our village are always posting pictures. Us oldies are used to seeing them but should not, nonetheless, take them for granted!

·
Premium Member
17,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The video is not out of my window, it´s from the workshop roof they are Kranes (No ladder climbing, I have access through an upstairs window I can still manage to get through 😁 )
To see this lot flying in when we were on our walk I thought the line would never end, there are hundreds of them if not thousands, but although this is hunting country I have never known of anyone shooting them for the table. Just watching that again I realise it makes you go a bit dizzy, must remember now to move the camcorder so quickly next time.

The sunrise is from 13th of September that I found on the camcorder when I downloaded the card today.

Cloud Atmosphere Sky Ecoregion Afterglow

·
Premium Member
25,558 Posts
Great Jan. Are they all storks?

Ray.

·
Premium Member
25,558 Posts
Thanks Jan. Just said bi bi to the guests to see your reply. Thanks again and what a marvelous gathering. We jump up and down seeing a pair of storks let alone hundreds of birds.

Ray.

Reactions: erneboy
1 - 20 of 22 Posts