Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have an imported Hymer B684 (1999 model) which has an autotracking Oyster 4 satellite dish with a "Ten Haaft" analogue receiver unit.

The system works fine, however most of the available analogue channels are German and I am sure that in its current state, it is impossible to link this system with a Sky digibox in order to receive UK satellite tv transmissions.

Has anybody out there upgraded the Oyster 4 analogue system to run in parallel with a Sky digibox without totally replacing the whole unit with the Oyster 4 digital system ?

I would assume that it must be possible to add a secondary universal LNB to the dish and set this up on a bracket with a 9 degree angle of offset from the analogue LNB.. This should give the perfect offset to receive signals from the Astra 2 satellite via the secondary LNB directly to my Sky digibox when the analogue system is switched on and autotracks to the Astra 1 satellite.

I guess the alternative is to abandon the Oyster system and rely on manual satellite seeking techniques with a portable dish on a tripod, or to learn to speak better German !

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm sure that others must have already gone through this dilemma.

Regards

Trehern

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
:D Hi trehern. I have been using the Kathrien Analogue system for over 4 years to watch Sky and other Satellites. It's a similar system to the Oyster with triangular dish instead of oval shape. My main use is to watch Eurosport (Anologue) in English on Astra 1, and a Dutch sytem on Astra 1 in Digital. I also use it to watch Sky by first getting Astra 1 then stepping it round to Astra 2. It takes a little practice to know when you should be stopping it. But it can be done. Failing that and you don't want to go to the expense of upgrading it? I may be interested in buying it. At the right price (cheeky B*****). :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Johnsandywhite,

I'm not sure about selling it yet, but thanks for the interest (and your cheek !).

I've enquired of the possibilities of modifying the setup with Transleisure but have yet to receive a reply.

However, if you are interested in taking it off my hands then keep an occasional eye on the "on-line classifieds" forum as it may appear on there at some point !

Cheers

Trehern

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.