Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I wonder if anyone can help please?

I'm looking for the 'Ivory' paint code for the bottom plastic panels on a 2004 Kentucky Camp Estro (same as Rimor Superbrig)

I've not had much luck at our trusted paint supplier who are normally really good at matching obscure paints. Also the factory don't give the code out?

Thanks in advance.

Gerry

·
Registered
20,116 Posts
Have you tried asking the dealer to ask the factory for you.If it is anything like Swift who will only deal with their registered dealers.
As a matter of interest, as your location is not shown,tut tut, where are you and whom did you try to get a match.

cabby

·
Premium Member
11,523 Posts
My local paint supplier even has a guy in a van who visits customers, samples the paint and drops off the order on his next visit.

There's no point in taking the vehicle to them for sampling most of the time, because the analyser is usually out in the van so it is now easier to let them do the running around - cheaper too.

·
Premium Member
23,080 Posts
Plastic is never as easy to cope with, but the colour should be capable of being analysed, take the vehicle to a body works after arranging an appointment and ask them. They may know it from a computer search or can usually analyse using a special gizmo (a Spector analysis machine I believe). This beams light at the colour you want analysed, measures EXACTLY what is reflected and can work out how much tint is needed to be added to the base colour.

The problem then will be getting the paint to st k firmly to plastic which apparently is notoriously difficult as it flexes.

Good luck, do let us know how you get on, and welcome to MHF.

I wonder why this thread was resurrected after 6 years ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.