Motorhome Facts Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever (and I mean ever) been to the above site when it has not been windy?

Great site, but we are going again with a group of people for the weekend and I was just wondering what our hopes are. None, and Bob, I expect.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
timbop37 said:
Has anyone ever (and I mean ever) been to the above site when it has not been windy?

Great site, but we are going again with a group of people for the weekend and I was just wondering what our hopes are. None, and Bob, I expect.

Thanks
As it is on the West Wales coast I would have though never.

Looks a nice site a bit on the pricey side.

Derek

·
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.
14,576 Posts
Hi timbop37

We have been to Anglesey when it was warm and calm but have not been to Penrhyn Bay....

As to this weekend ...the wind looks gentle by Sunday lunchtime see Here<<

It seems no one else here has been to Penrhyn either as there is no entry for that site in the campsite database............. So, can I ask you do one when you return :wink:

Mike

·
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.
14,576 Posts
I would take your kite for Friday and Saturday :lol:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi everyone.

We arrived at the site on Friday, about 7pm, in a gale. Said gale was still increasing overnight, taking some tents with it, and this morning torrential rain compounded the problems. We were with a party of about 10 pitches and by 12pm all campers and 2 motorhomers had packed and were heading home. There was a force 9 gale forecast for later today (by the campsite owner). On top of this our daughter, who has complex medical needs, was becoming unwell and unmanageable and it was best if we were at home.

Having said that, the site is quite nice but after being bitten twice (same time last year) we will not be returning. There does not appear to be enough shelter from the elements. Even during the short period of warmth and sunshine it was difficult to erect a tent.

I will enter a review in the campsite database over the next few days for those that are interested.

Kind regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts