3,543 Posts
Any changes in the past 5 years?

Yes, we've got a different dog.

Other than that, no .......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,079 Posts
In the past 5 years, no, in the next 5 weeks, possibly.

If there is no deal in the offing, even though Parliament has agreed there might be, then the UK must wait to see how the EU declares the UK's status. There are no guarantees at present.

If the UK is declared a Third country because no deal has been agreed, even though transitional arrangements will apply to businesses, it may be that asvregards animal movement the EU could insist on proof of antirabies status as regards the blood titre of antibodies. This MUST exceed 0.5mcg/l from memory.

This can only be determined by a blood test from an approved lab (the WDA would exclude Russian one's then....🙃) which must be more than 30 days since certification. In France it currently takes 14 days to get such certification once the blood sample has been submitted (cost for us was 80€).

That will be required as proof before the animal can leave a UK port for the EU. Predumably the current worming before leaving the EU for the UK will continue ftb.

We should hear more after 31 January and then details should be certain before the UK totally leaves on 31 December as regards the outcome of any deal.

That is not meant to be alarmist, merely to raise the thoughts about the blood titre which are mentioned repeatedly in the UK GOV website.

·
Premium Member
16,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the past 5 years, no, in the next 5 weeks, possibly.

If there is no deal in the offing, even though Parliament has agreed there might be, then the UK must wait to see how the EU declares the UK's status. There are no guarantees at present.

If the UK is declared a Third country because no deal has been agreed, even though transitional arrangements will apply to businesses, it may be that asvregards animal movement the EU could insist on proof of antirabies status as regards the blood titre of antibodies. This MUST exceed 0.5mcg/l from memory.

This can only be determined by a blood test from an approved lab (the WDA would exclude Russian one's then....🙃) which must be more than 30 days since certification. In France it currently takes 14 days to get such certification once the blood sample has been submitted (cost for us was 80€).

That will be required as proof before the animal can leave a UK port for the EU. Predumably the current worming before leaving the EU for the UK will continue ftb.

We should hear more after 31 January and then details should be certain before the UK totally leaves on 31 December as regards the outcome of any deal.

That is not meant to be alarmist, merely to raise the thoughts about the blood titre which are mentioned repeatedly in the UK GOV website.
Where did you get this information Dave? It's only the UK that ever needed a passport to enter the country it was never needed to bring a dog abroad, only to get it back into England.

·
Premium Member
11,283 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,079 Posts
If you want to go to the UK and BACK then yes you need to have the date of the blood sampling, plus the certificated results entered into the Pet Passport and signed and stamped by the approved vet.

If you are only travelling in the EU, none of this applies - it is only to and from the UK. The only restrictions within the EU are entry problems e.g. to Spain from Morocco.....

·
Premium Member
16,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you want to go to the UK and BACK then yes you need to have the date of the blood sampling, plus the certificated results entered into the Pet Passport and signed and stamped by the approved vet.

If you are only travelling in the EU, none of this applies - it is only to and from the UK. The only restrictions within the EU are entry problems e.g. to Spain from Morocco.....
I will have time if we do leave at the end of this month without a deal to get a new test if the vet doesn't have the results still from 2010.
I think May would be the earliest I would come/go.

·
Premium Member
23,079 Posts
With a little bit of luck if you are still with the same vet and he has computer records available he may well have the 2010 results and can enter those details to cost you less than the 80€ we were charged last year. The entry into the passport was foc, only the lab cost money. Presumably the 80€ fee included the stamping in charge.

·
Premium Member
31,037 Posts
Shadow was blood tested 11 years ago

It was mandatory then

I’m booking the tunnel soon

If he can’t come back, we will just wait till he can

I can’t believe I’m saying this

I should just leave him >:)

Does this mean you are on your way to Britain Jan ?

Where ?

Sandra

·
Premium Member
23,079 Posts
When I done pet transport I was never asked for any documentation when leaving the UK.
I suspect that was either while the UK was a member of the EU so animal movement did not require it, or before 1974 when the Regulations did not require such a tire because no such lab test existed. Hence why dogs used to face 6 months in quarantine coming into the UK, but not going the other way because the UK has always been regarded as clean due to it's island status.

The concern is what happens after the UK ceases to be a member of the EU so the EU can then dictate what they require. At present dogs coming from a "third country" are required by EU regulations to have had rabies vaccinations and PROOF OF IT'S EFFICACY and that is what could be faced fromn1st February onwards or from 1st January 2021 if there is no deal and a total exit as seems to be the likely route.

Experiences from the past are, I am sorry to say, irrelevant. 😢

·
Premium Member
16,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does this mean you are on your way to Britain Jan ?

Where ?

Sandra
End of spring early summer time and will be heading to Cambridgeshire/Suffolk where my closest family are.
Depends on how I feel if I drift North east south or west from there, but thats the first port of call.

I will of course make sure I have everything correct for Motley before leaving.

Reactions: patp

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I suspect that was either while the UK was a member of the EU so animal movement did not require it, or before 1974 when the Regulations did not require such a tire because no such lab test existed. Hence why dogs used to face 6 months in quarantine coming into the UK, but not going the other way because the UK has always been regarded as clean due to it's island status.

The concern is what happens after the UK ceases to be a member of the EU so the EU can then dictate what they require. At present dogs coming from a "third country" are required by EU regulations to have had rabies vaccinations and PROOF OF IT'S EFFICACY and that is what could be faced fromn1st February onwards or from 1st January 2021 if there is no deal and a total exit as seems to be the likely route.

Experiences from the past are, I am sorry to say, irrelevant. 😢
The regulations that I worked under are still the same now, but the question of leaving the UK is irrelevant in Jan's case as she is asking about coming into the UK.

·
Premium Member
11,283 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am giving all 3 places a trial, here, where home has been for nearly 14 years, but will never be the same and where my roots are. My feelings right now go with the last one, but next week will probably change again. It is a very confusing time for me Terry.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
This all makes my blood boil. It is the UK that has the rabies free status and it was the UK that brought in the pet passport so that the editor of a national newspaper could take his dogs to his French holiday home and bring them back in again without them going into quarantine. The rules were there to keep our status as "rabies free".

From memory (!) it was the EU that dropped the titre testing requirement, that we had put in place, on the basis that other countries did not have to comply so why should we. Having had a dog fail a titre test I was always of the opinion that they are necessary to prevent the spread of an awful disease. We should also be treating for ticks under the scheme in my opinion. It is the rule makers that drive me crazy.

·
Premium Member
16,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The worming rule is pretty rediculous, vet, or you in vets presence, gives dog tablet and as soon as you are out of the surgery the dog may bring it up. Ticks can be pretty lethal little critters for dogs and humans alike, much more important to keep them at bay.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts