Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ban fossil fuel advertising and sponsorships!

I'm not sure what the 1st point is saying -

"We call on the European Commission to propose an EU legislative act:
prohibiting advertisements for fossil fuels, as well as air, road and water-borne transportation (other than transport services of general economic interest) powered by fossil fuels"

What's to be banned, what's to be allowed?

Banning of tobacco advertising was easy compared to this!

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know but these big boys spend an eye-watering amount on it so it must be financially worth it.

I believe their sponsorship of museums/art galleries etc is more about cleansing their image (leading again to the ability to make more money).

The massive sums they've made because of the rise in fuel prices has not been down to any hard work or sacrifices or any effort on their part - it's simply that they've put up prices because the could, with the shortage. They could equally have held prices steady and rationed so everyone got a fair share. But that wouldn't have pleased their shareholders half as much.

·
Premium Member
15,696 Posts
They are following the path of the Sackler Bros who made a mega fortune knowingly turning a huge proportion of Americans into opiate addicts and then tried to atone by patronising cultural institutions across the globe including the UK.

Same sentiments, same motives.

·
Premium Member
9,174 Posts
The world's economic model has no space for any measure of the harm or damage that business does to it. Its only profit that counts. Its, all shorttermist.

There has always been a small minority of people who call-out the harm and risks but these businesses have almost limitless funds to spread disinformation. Add to that lobbying of MPs (bribary) and there is no concern for anything but profit.

Reactions: raynipper
1 - 7 of 7 Posts