Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a suggestion to make, that's if it's possible.

Could there be one album only, for aires (and nightstops? ) which is divided into the regions of France (9 sub-albums)
We could then upload our aires pics together with the department number and location into the appropriate sub-album.

Anyone wishing to see aires in a particular area would only have to look at one or two regions to find them instead of haphazardly hunting through members individual albums.

Discussion and variation on the theme is welcome if the idea has basic merit.

An extension of the idea might be to have a set format of limited text beneath each pic giving basic info. services available, parking y/n, cost, minimum directions?

· Registered
12,963 Posts
What a splendid idea ! I've been making notes from the aires photos for use in summer and it has been quite time-consuming to look up the location of each one and discard the ones in places I know we will not be visiting. This would make it 100% simpler.

G.

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently put a map with regions into my album together with a list of the departments and also the departments by region. ('though I'm not happy with the copies I've uploaded.)

I thought they might go into a separate sub album/section to enable members to take hard copies.

It all depends on what Dave thinks and whether it's possible.

· Premium Member
6,271 Posts
The maps work fine Gillian but I do like you idea of the regional sub folders, don't see why you couldn't set that up within the Members and their Motorhomes
folder. Permissions may be a problem because it may not be possible to set these for each individual photo posted to the folders???

peedee

· Registered
554 Posts
If Dave is in agreement I will set up a new Gallery for aires and do what you have mentioned. I can copy or move the any of the photos you have in your album Gillian and set up sub albums for the different regions etc.
I will have a chat with Dave tomorrow if he is online.

· Registered
12,963 Posts
I was looking at huggybear's website yesterday ( nice site ) and s/he has an excellent section with French aires, photos and a brief description.

Perhaps s/he would be willing to include them in the album ?

G.

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TheOggies said:
Have set it up, have copied photos from Gillians and Zuluritas albums into the specific regions.
Just need the ok from Dave and I will add it to the gallery
Chris

How will people know what it is and how they should post?
Will there be a sticky of some sort?
Will there be room for text?
How much and what should it say?
Will someone have the right to remove pics which don't fit the set parameters?
Will there be a separate entry point for viewing this resource in the left hand side menu?

Those are just a few questions which I've thought of, I'm sure there are others which will come forward.

· Registered
554 Posts
Gillian, I had made an Aires/Stelplatz album last night and filled it with sub albums etc. This morning they have dissappeared!
As to the stickies and everything, Dave will have to sort this as I only have rights/permissions within the photo gallery

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chris I've just got in ok although I haven't explored.

· Registered
3,560 Posts
Chris,

Just seen the new aires/stellplatz album, very good, thanks for putting my pics in. Now if I want to add any more aires to this album can I do so or do I put them into my album? or should I now get rid of my album? Any help regarding this would be appreciated.
Rita

· Vendor
12,382 Posts
How will people know what it is and how they should post?
Chris is putting together a guide with screenshots etc about how to add photos to the members photo gallery and this could be used as a reference.

Will there be a sticky of some sort?
Yes i can make it a sticky for a while once we have it all instigated and up and running properly

Will there be room for text?
Yes, the normal descriptive field allows quite a lot of text

How much and what should it say?
Hmm lets see, Department, Price, Rating out of 10 ? Facilities available i.e. water, drainage, electric etc

Will someone have the right to remove pics which don't fit the set parameters?
Y Chris or me

Will there be a separate entry point for viewing this resource in the left hand side menu?
Yes thats easily added as well

· Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
David you're doing us proud.
I think this will be a great resource and something which won't be available in English on this scale as time goes by.

Is it something which is downloadable to a laptop using something like Black Widow or Wsigot (if those are the right progs)?

· Registered
554 Posts
Rita , you should be able to put pictures of aires straight into the relevant album.
It's up to you now, what you want to do with the pics in your album, you can keep or delete them!

any probs give me a shout

· Registered
554 Posts
Rita , you should be able to put pictures of aires straight into the relevant album.
It's up to you now, what you want to do with the pics in your album, you can keep or delete them!

any probs give me a shout

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.