Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We want to make a shelf, 68 x 30 cm, to go over the door and hinge on the kitchen unit of our van. We'd like it to have the same formica surface as the kitchen -ie cream marble effect with brown and grey streaks.

I've tried the makers and they said they do not supply pieces of wood and the dealer was the person to ask. We tried them but they do not have any either. This does not surprise me as I see no reason why the dealer should have pieces of wood.

If we cannot get hold of any of the right stuff then we'll do it some other way but I want to keep trying to find some for a bit longer.

The van is a 2004 Elddis Autoquest 200 badged as a Sunseeker 200 by the dealer.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to try ?

Thanks

G.

· Registered
12,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whew ! Thanks Riggy. I'd no idea there were so many different patterns- I'm cross-eyed with looking. I think I've found the name and number of the pattern so will see if I can order up a piece for less than an arm and a leg.

The Elddis man said they could only supply a replacement part but all the other shelves are too small /too wide / don't have the laminate on. I simply wanted a bit of the finished product they use so that it could be cut to size and some finishing strip ( or whatever you call it) put round the edges. I thought it would be dead easy but I should have learnt long ago that in this country NOTHING is dead easy. A nation of shopkeepers ? I don't think so ! :(

Thanks again

G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.