Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
660 Posts
Hiya Pusser!

I too looked at this idea when I was refurbishing my VW.

Going off personal performances I don't think the unit would last more than a couple of days before it would need emptying...so how are 2 people going to manage for a whole week?

Having very limited space we opted for a small 'Thetford' in a purpose built cupboard.
This will work fine unless there is a gas leak, owing to the toilets close proximity to the fridge 12v heating element.

I can picture it now...driving into St Tropez...then... BOOM !!

Ooh la la! Qu'est-ce que le pong de Englaise vay doobluhvay?

Texas

· Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:D :D

Not such a good idea then. I have to say that if a porta pottie blew up in St. Tropez, apart from it being international news, I would ger hysterical. Someone told me after last years trip that porta potties can explode going up\down mountains due to pressure changes. I have nightmares about this, because knowing my luck, I would be sitting on it when it went off. The humiliation of arriving at a French hospital with a porta pottie welded to my backside would be too much for me to bare. :(

· Registered
12,963 Posts
Don't know about porti-potties exploding Pusser but we had a nasty experience crossing the Alps in our first hired MH with a standard cassette loo. Can't remember the exact details but we should have left a valve open somewhere to allow the pressure inside and outside the cassette to equalise. We did not and the first person to use the loo when we stopped ( son) had his whole offering blown back at him and sprayed round the walls.

Now if that isn't enough to give anyone constipation !

G.

· Registered
1,592 Posts
Pusser said:
:D :D

Not such a good idea then. I have to say that if a porta pottie blew up in St. Tropez, apart from it being international news, I would ger hysterical. Someone told me after last years trip that porta potties can explode going up\down mountains due to pressure changes. I have nightmares about this, because knowing my luck, I would be sitting on it when it went off. The humiliation of arriving at a French hospital with a porta pottie welded to my backside would be too much for me to bare. :(
Oh Pusser you done it again. Got me laughing hysterically.

Motorhomer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.