Motorhome Facts Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Dave is doing us a new site, lots of little errors are found, and to help him work his way through them, can you please post them here...

BUT

Do make sure you state, what you were doing, in which forum or profile etc., so he can then try it himself and look where the coding is wrong. A good idea is to do a copy and paste of the error into your text.

For instance, I found we were unable to upload photos to the site, Dave has solved this, he is working on the Avator problem as well, and has solved a couple of others I found whilst going around.

So please help Dave by posting them HERE, and he will then know where to keep looking.

Things will improve if we all pull together.

Dave would like to say thanks for all your support - it does help.

Carol

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Think this is in the wrong forum as I selected Mods forum and there it was. :?

:oops: Think I have been a bit dense on this, is the idea that this is in all the forums, so no matter which one you post in it only has one home 8)

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Helen

Well we weren't sure where to put it, and we decided to put it in Global Announcements, Dave wasn't sure what the difference was, so maybe that was it, it appears in all forums - maybe now we know. But the idea is that any errors found are posted here, so Dave can sort them when he has time and try to solve them.

Carol

I don't know about you, but I am finding this different layout, well different, and it is taking me time to reply rather than post.... twice as long, but we will get used to it, and then knowing Dave he will change it again!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Did we all have to re-register on the new site?

I tried my old name and password to log-in but they were rejected. Only option was to re-register using my old details.
Another problem?? is the following scrolling message at the top of the page: -

"This is line 1 from ThemeConsole, you can change this message through the administration system".

This sequentially changes from 1 to 5 and repeats continuously. Is it me or can others see it?

Don

Scrolling message now reads Welcome to MHF then goes blank.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Hi

I am not suffering the same problem as Hymi, that part works perfect on Mine (win XP sp2)

When you look in the member list you can select the order like date joined and then ascending or descending but there is no button to set it off (no go button)

Other than that evwerything working OK so far

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
A small thing, but the date format in the Forum is yyyy mm dd, although I notice in the Topic Review it is day-date-year

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sid Entry here. The site would not accept my User name. Still well done Dave I am impressed. I do not know how you can be so devoted (can't think of a better word) to the site but I am very glad you are and so I should imagine is ever one else. Thanks Dave!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hello Again

I sent Carol a PM just now & when I checked the sent folder it said empty so I sent it again thinking I had pressed the wrong button as I find the print impossible to see. Checked the sent box again still empty. Checked the out box and the message is in there. Has the message gone once, twice or not at all.

Apologies Carol if its come twice. I thoughtthe outbox was ready to send.

Motorhomer

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Elisabeth I sent three messages - I shall do it here, it may help other people having problems.

To enlarge the text easily, just use the Ctrl button and the + button, hold the Ctrol down and press + each tiime you do that it enlarges the type

Carol

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dave looks like the Personal Message isn't working.

I can see the meswsage, and I replied, but it appears that Elizabeth (Motorhomer) didn't get it and she can't send.....

Carol

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
carol said:
Dave looks like the Personal Message isn't working.

I can see the meswsage, and I replied, but it appears that Elizabeth (Motorhomer) didn't get it and she can't send.....

Carol
Hello Carol

I sent you a PM earlier today but message is still in out box but the ones I sent yesterday are now in the sent box.

Re print size. Carol that does not work on our computer but I was getting desperate looking at the new screen everything after a few minutes was just a hazy blur & I couldnt read anything. George went into the Control panel & there is a lovely wheelchair icon i never saw there before. Might be an upgrade . Its called Accessability. Click on it then on display, then settings, tick contrast, select the view you want there are several options and different print sizes, tick short cut
ok, Hey presto I am a happy bunny. I have now got rid of my headache and i can see the site again. When George uses the computer to return it to the normal desktop, pres ALT + LSHIFT+PRINT SCREEN & its back, Then I want to use the puter again press that combination & I have the large print again.

George can see the site ok.

Thanks again that info above may help someone else.

Have a good trip to France

Elizabeth

·
Registered
345 Posts
I keep getting
Warning: main(language/lang-portuguese.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/sites/motorhomefacts.com/www/htdocs/mainfile.php on line 224

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'language/lang-portuguese.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/sites/motorhomefacts.com/www/htdocs/mainfile.php on line 224

at the top of every page

Win Xp - explorer 6

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi carol looking at the photo gallery and clicking on an album there is: NO VOTES YET (in black) then a line of text underneath which is yellow and cannot be read. should be an easy fix.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
whats a sommaire, its the heading at the top above where it has all the lovely wee icons for home, discussion,news,downloads,contenu???,community.
:idea: Bet its a sneaky way to get us all to be bilingual or something

·
Registered
151 Posts
ERROR MESSAGE

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./modules/Forums/images/avatars/96986617142811292b71d0.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/sites/motorhomefacts.com/www/htdocs/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 248

Received when attempting to upload personal avatar. Also unable to 'rename' album in Members motorhome gallery. Tried 4 times.

Bonza

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.