Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh sorry, its 3 days, June 12th to 14th at Billing Aquadrome in Northampton, lots of demonstrations, a hog roast and entertanment. Costs £99 though, just wondered if it was any good.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I thought it was just me.
I used to like Billing in the 1960's camping with the family...
Then I took my Kon Tiki there in 1991 and after a downpour, I returned to the van to find I'd sunk into very soggy ground.
Last year I went back for a night, thought I'd give it another go, never again!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I could be mistaken but isn't Billing the place where you have to chain everything down or lock it away before it gets liberated by the occupants of a campsite nearby?

Heard some bad stories from one of the car clubs that used to meet there

·
Registered
742 Posts
We were at billing with a group in November for their Firework display.
Members of our parties had two bikes stolen, another a satelitte dish, and one an attempted motorhome driveaway.

Could be a brilliant site but have problems with intinerant travellers, and we were completely bogged down, some of us even had little ponds around us with ducks on.

I think the consensus with us all that went was that we would not go again.

Pat

edited due to using non pc term.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I think the PC brigade would prefer using the term 'Itinerant travellers', 'Gypsies' have now become a racial group and as such is not only protected by this country's racial laws,but is able to get away with things we would be banged up for. How the management of Billing let them get away with things considering how much they charge us.
I am surprised that PM have considered such a place for a readers event.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.