Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we've a 56 plate Merc based van with Sprintshift gears.
Have come home tonight to find that the display flashes F (Fault presumably) & the van won't shift.
The manual rather helpfully suggests I call a dealer :( does anyone have any experience of this fault.
I have a dreadful feeling this could be v. expensive

·
Premium Member
7,970 Posts
www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic-10635.html&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=trev&start=10

Is this any help?

I had a Renault Master which is the Quckshift 6 version of your gearbox. I had a problem the the Engine Malfunction Indicator lamp [MIL] came on and the gearbox would only work in manual mode with no automatic functions. I had dire warnings about the gearbox / computer etc. The fault turned out to be two faulty glow plugs which bought up the MIL which puts the gearbox into default mode 'mode only'. During the course of my obtaining information from this forum a guy with the MB gearbox which would only give 1st and 2nd gear spoke to me. This turned out to be a blown brake light fuse and operation of the brakelight is an input to the gearbox computer and the lack of it caused the gearbox malfunction. There is more to these things than meets the eye and very few technicians are fully trained on them. Is the last post in the link above any help, it is from a guy familiar with the gearbox offering to help the OP?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.